Lin <removed>

raatfinger
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a smart watch from "Nancy Store" which claimed to be an American company with many connections with large U.S. corporations such as Google.

In my statement from Pay Pal I find that my payment went to Lin <removed>.  Scam?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

mking007
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for providing tracking information for the item you've returned to LIN <removed>. We've shared this tracking information with the seller and asked them to let us know when they've received the item back. 

If they don't confirm receipt of the item, we'll evaluate your tracking information. Once we've confirmed LIN <removed> has received the item, we'll issue a refund.

so what happens if the address is a fake, or they don't confirm receipt, where do i stand then ?

postage was £10.10 to post back to china using royal mail (UK)

Login to Me Too

Marwan1990
New Community Member

I also have the same problem. I purchases two watches the one they advertise on Nancy store through facebook. I found that they are not trusted and many people are complaining about the email address and LIN <removed>. Not sure how to refund my money. Any help

Login to Me Too

marcgetter
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a claim open since the day I received the item.  They only accept DHL and UPS to ship the items.  I can't validate the return address in DHL and UPS want's $73 to ship a $72 item that is pure crap.  If they want it back for the refund, they will have to send me a postage paid label, otherwise I'll be opening a dispute with my bank.

Login to Me Too

mking007
Contributor
Contributor

paypal have refunded me money and ive claimed back the postage back to china.

Login to Me Too

samistad
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, what was the process you took in order to receive a refund?
Login to Me Too

v8dave
Contributor
Contributor

@mking007 wrote:

Return shipping address

<removed>, Yongfu Street, Bao'an District Shenzhen GUANGDONG 518000 China

It says i will get the refund once the seller confirms receipt, however do i know if that is even a real address, what happens if its refused or there is no address there?

I've priced the delivery and it is £9.60 to post to china with tracking from royal mail (UK)  the watch i got isn't even worth that.

That is a completely different address to the one I got for the same supplier. I got a recipient refused delivery on this so the chances are the one you have is bogus too. Don't waste your time sending it. I am currently trying to get Paypal to refund because it was refused and a bogus address. I'll post back later if I am successful or not.

Login to Me Too

abegade

I was scammed as well, can someone who went through the claim explain if it is possible and how to get back my money?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

AManiatis

I have also been a naive victim of this scam, but the truth is I trusted PayPal's trustworthiness. But there isn't such a thing for PayPal when money is involved. The clever trick with this scammers is that you receive the item really really late, once PayPal has already paid the respective amount to the scammer. The scammer won't refund, so it's up to PayPal to pay back, and of course, they don't want to do this.

The other thing is that PayPal knows about this whole scam game since mid-summer. I experienced this scam last month, so PayPal has done nothing at all to block these sellers. That's a real disgrace fro PayPal.

I have serious doubts on whether I will continue using its services

Login to Me Too

v8dave
Contributor
Contributor

How the **bleep** can this scammer still be operating on Paypal? There are literally 1000's of post about this scammer and I too have called them to get a refund and told them this person is a scammer. I have told them I will close my account and take this to the press. 

We should all contact the online news portals with this and shame Paypal. They cannot be allowed to continue this **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.