International return locked in customs

uhhhhidk
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all, I sent a package back to china of defective goods I ordered as instructed by paypal. The seller refused the goods (as they said they would, but I sent the package back anyway to fulfill my return obligation, which is just one of many frauds on the seller's end) and now paypal considers the tracking invalid because the package is stuck in chinese customs due to the delivery refusal. This is for $1,100 worth of goods and shipping cost another $500. The case has been reopened, but this is the second time it has been reopened, and the first time it was closed because the tracking was considered invalid--for the reason mentioned previously. Has anyone else had an issue like this, and if so, what did you do about it? I provided messages from the seller and forwarded messages from DHL about the refusal, so in my mind all the evidence should be there.

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi uhhhhidk, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!  

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.