Huge Problems - Accounts Blocked - Cannot Contact Customer Service

Luka3291
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PP Community,

In the last 2 days I have been having a lot of problems with my account. I don't understand why, but my bank account was blocked and removed, and cannot be re-added. It is not overdrawn. Neither was my Paypal account when this happened. Since just now, I am $10eur overdrawn on Paypal for a transaction that happened over a week ago and has only just registered. I will add funds to cover it once my bank is unblocked.

Any help or comments?

Live customer service chat doesn't work, or I get a message saying it is unavailable.

The resolution page, to open a resolution ticket redirects me to recent transactions, so also not possible.

Another help page redirects me to a black page with the error code "Cannot GET /connect/remembered".

Yesterday when I tried to post in the community I got the message "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action".

My only option is to spend phone credit calling PayPal's phone number, but I have no credit as I am just out of hospital with an operated leg.

I'm not sure what has gone wrong here, but for a $50 billion dollar company it shouldn't be this difficult to get some customer support.

Many thanks in advance, please give me some feedback.

LD

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Luka3291 

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via the add funds function.

2. The quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send a payment via the friends / family option. As long as they don't fund it with a card it should be free.

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

4. Or mail a cheque as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-should-i-do-if-my-balance-is-negative-faq1905?app=s...

5. Buy something and Paypal will normally add the debt to that payment during checkout when you authorise the purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Luka3291 

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via the add funds function.

2. The quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send a payment via the friends / family option. As long as they don't fund it with a card it should be free.

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

4. Or mail a cheque as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-should-i-do-if-my-balance-is-negative-faq1905?app=s...

5. Buy something and Paypal will normally add the debt to that payment during checkout when you authorise the purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Luka3291
Contributor
Contributor

I really appreciate your time to reply to my problem. I had already added funds to my account so that it wasn't in the negative and the problem continued. Now it is again in the negative because I live i Spain, and if you pay for something, sometimes it can take over a week to reflect on your balance 😕

Thank you again, but is it guaranteed that I will have access to my PayPal and re-add my "disabled" bank account, once I replacd the overdraught?

In advance,

LD

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.