Holding funds for 180 days?

Ahlvin
Contributor
Contributor
Hi All, Paypal is holding my money for 180 days because they said there might be someone that i need to issue refunds to or too much BS on what their reasons were. I did try to fight for the money that theyre holding but they wont comply to it and they wont release the money. Under any circumstances, this company has the rights to hold customers money in any way because firs it is not their money, we are paying for those fees that they impose if someone is trying to pay us using paypal. This is a ridiculous in my opinion because it is my money and the money i worked for they are holding for 180 days due to because someone might need a refund? Im not even selling any items online why would there be customers wanting a refund or chargeback? Its plain dumb on what theyre doing and this service sucks to the very bottom of it. I even told them that the money their holding is for my car payment and they didnt care that i wont be able to pay my car on a monthly basis. Now my car got repossessed because i wasnt able to pay it because of what this paypal company did. Now l, would they take responsibility of the repossessed behicle under my name? I would be very happy and thankful if they would but they wouldnt do sh*+ about it. We signed an agreement that if there is a fraudulent activity in the account then you can try and hold the funds. But i never reportef anything that is fraudulent on my transactions. All of them are legit. I would spread the word about this conpany and how inconsiderate and out of line theyve been holding my money. Theyre holding it ao that they cannuse it for their own benefit because its going bankcrupt.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ahlvin 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ahlvin
Contributor
Contributor
How many times shouldni say that i dont have buyers. All the money that came in is for my services. Jobs that i had done for my customer and also its my pay from the company i work with called dolly. I dont know what youre trying to tell but im not selling anything and get paid using paypal. Its all SERVICES RENDERED.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ahlvin 

You are a seller if you sell goods OR SERVICES.

If you have customers then you are a SELLER of those services so you are a seller.

Do you not realise that buyers and customers are one and the same?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ahlvin
Contributor
Contributor
Its not really customers because what we do is pay as friends or family. Never used paid for service or items. And the other income i have in their thats coming in are from work related.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ahlvin 

Be very careful then as its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so. Paypal randomly check those payment types to check they are not being used to pay for goods or services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ahlvin
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, But thats the thing though. Im mot selling anything.
Login to Me Too

Ahlvin
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the info and i wanted to ask to what can they do when i filed it? Would paypal release my funds right away?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.