Got charged 700$ USD Europe AG ( Unauthorized Payment )

hayssam_abdalla
Contributor
Contributor

So, I have just wake up this morning, and realized There's 2 prompts from paypal mail app. After clicking it, I realized that i have been charged 700$  (I slept for 7 hours, it happened during my sleep ) I immediately tried to login my account, but to blocked by 2 step verification ( Which then i opened up my google authenticator, just to see that they are missing from it ).
After that, I immediately accessed my account with a mobile phone verification code, and reported unauthorized charges for them. I also removed all my payment method and changed my password, But I don't even know how they get access to all of the information and I don't feel safe right now,
Is anyone familiar with this Yandex Europe AG? How can they managed to access my account and charged me 700$, This is my first time having an issue with paypal, I'm disappointed to see that they allow such transactions as I'm from Egypt, There's no way I'll be sending money to some company from Europe? And no suspicious activity detected until I submit the report, causing my account to go limited.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.