Fraud

Zbb1
Contributor
Contributor
WACURRENT Co.,Ltd Is fraudsters. Is PayPal part of it? This “Co” telling me that I received my order on 21st of September, even though order was placed on 28th of September! Explane that, please.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zbb1 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Send fake tracking numbers so disputes for non receipt fail and you have to appeal getting proof from the courier used.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zbb1 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Send fake tracking numbers so disputes for non receipt fail and you have to appeal getting proof from the courier used.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Zbb1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, silly me thinking that I’m safe paying thru PayPal! Isn’t it their job to make sure whoever they take as a customer is checking out with all those things you mentioned in your message, address, telephone number etc...? 

But now I know not to deal with anyone but Amazon. 

Zbb1

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zbb1 

Nope it would be impossible for paypal to vet every seller / company / merchant that adds paypal as a payment method to their website in every country in the world.

The idea is that paypal gives you 'some' buyer protection which you read and then risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

camilla08
New Community Member

I complained to pay pal but looks like there is no real person at the help desk so its no help in my case .I was thinking too im safe to pay by PP but no

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Schae

Hi there, @camilla08

Welcome to the PayPal Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been facing issues when contacting PayPal about a payment! The good news it that you have the power to open up a PayPal dispute from your account. PayPal can help facilitate a dispute between you and the merchant when the item is significantly not as described, the product isn't received or the payment is unauthorized. Please take some time to review the information within your PayPal Help Centre. Kindly note that you can review additional customer service options at the bottom of the PayPal Contact page.

I hope this leads you to a resolution!

Thank you,

- Schae 

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

kldunlap
Contributor
Contributor
The item we received is totally different. Proof was sent to PayPal and it was decided that I could not have the item and the money in my possession at the same time so they were going to have me send it back for a refund. The problem is, the seller makes u return it to China, often to a bogus or nonexistent address. Since it isn't received no refund is issued (no one can receive it at an address that doesn't exist). I wanted the seller to send me a prepaid return label via email and I would prove to PayPal that the item had been mailed at which point the seller could fully refund me. PayPal credited me back my money as a voucher instead because I was a longtime customer and the agent didn't want me to have to pay shipping back. As far as I am aware nothing has been done with this fraudulent scamming company. You order a chair and you get a mini tripod thing too small for a 2 yr old, you order a laser printer or drone and they send you a business card holder, you order a bean bag chair and a pillow slip is sent. Everyone that orders these items gets the same thing. I sent that with my documentation and proof that the item number of the chair on the seller's website matched the number on my PayPal invoice. They saw what is happening. No one could say a thing was going to be done. Beyond frustrating.
Login to Me Too

kldunlap
Contributor
Contributor
The same Chinese companies that scammed me here are on Amazon. When they get enough complaints, I'm told they change their name. I ordered what appeared to be a great chair and received a completely different item. Found out everyone else did too.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.