China refund postage costs!

BLUETOP15
Contributor
Contributor
Can anybody tell if they have ordered any goods off Instagram in good faith only to find out that it’s a scam and you are sent ( if your lucky that is ) something completely different and substantionaly cheaper ? Then to add insult to injury YOU HAVE TO PAY THE RETURN POSTAGE BACK TO CHINA 😳!! Totally wrong but it’s happened to me on more than a few occasions and I’m sick to death of being caught out like this on Instagram..
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GGPeggy
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I learned a lot from this experience. I was just reading the new pay pal policy and it appears they are addressing foreign transaction return fees and requirements to return if product is not as described or significantly less than described. I was very encouraged to read that
Login to Me Too

Crisetta
Contributor
Contributor
Yes but there’s a Catch 22. I was told I could get a refund if I posted the item back, and that I could then claim the postage, but when I sent proof of posting ( more than the item was worth!) I got the refund but the case was immediately closed so I could no longer claim postage. I am trying to get someone to understand I want to claim postage on a closed case.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Crisetta 

Did you activate the below link at some point before you made the transaction?

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

If so then click on the transaction in your paypal account and the return shipping link is at the bottom of that details page.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Crisetta
Contributor
Contributor
Oh yes I activated everything, followed everything! But this evening there was finally a solution. You go to the closed dispute in your Activities and you click on the link to ‘original purchase’ and Lo, you get the full spiel COMPLETE WITH FIRM FOR CLAIMING RETURN POSTAGE! It only took three days to finally be offered a clue how to do that, dozens of Message Centre PayPal people offered all kinds of curious muddles but none of them seemed to know about the 5 second simple solution.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Crisetta 

Which is exactly what I told you to do in the last sentence in my reply to you.....within 3 hours of you posting your question. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Teddypig
I have exactly this problem so to clarify you did send the item back and paid the crazy postage costs but got them refunded by going to your closed case on activities? Who refunds them - PayPal? I’m reluctant to send my item back incase I do that and pay for postage and then I’m out of pocket even more.
Login to Me Too

Outdoranger7
Contributor
Contributor
I got boots on a Facebook site and turned out to be fake Salomon's. Went to resolution they now want me to send back to China. Boots cost £50 postage is £47 really?? And that's their solution! No help at all.
Login to Me Too

BLUETOP15
Contributor
Contributor
That is excellent news thank you for bringing it to my attention 👍🏻 Cheers Steve.
Login to Me Too

larry_j
Contributor
Contributor

Telephone numbers don't always guarantee that they are legit. Case in point, my dealings Strong Current Enterprises. They have a customer service number but put you on hold without letting you talk to anyone. I tried twice the same day once for ten minutes and once fro twenty minutes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.