Can't Appeal a Closed Case In the Resolution Center?

lordsaber608
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am trying to appeal a closed case because I was scammed, but PayPal sided with the Buyer because PayPal is PayPal. I have repeatedly gone the the Resolution Center and gone to the Action column and clicked View, but there is no option to open an appeal from here. Any reason why this isn't working? I am definitely within the 10 day time limit too.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lordsaber608 

Buyers open disputes and buyers can appeal any decisions on their disputes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lordsaber608
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to an agent with PayPal's Collections Dept. and I was told I can appeal my cases, so I believe this should be the case.

Login to Me Too

Cathlene
New Community Member
How do I get through to someone who will help me. All the agents I talk to o are from the Philippines and offer no help. They site policies. I'm from Canada.
Login to Me Too

lordsaber608
Contributor
Contributor

I was the Seller for this case. Can you not appeal a case if you are the Seller? If so the Collections agent told me misinformation.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lordsaber608 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ2050

If you're not happy with the outcome of your case, we encourage you to reach out to the seller to reach an agreement or resolution. Most sellers aim to satisfy their buyers. PayPal's decisions are final, but if you have additional information that we haven't reviewed or if there's been a mistake in the processing of the case you can contact us.

Its the buyers case and from the link it doesn't say anything about a seller being able to appeal although you may be able to IF the item returned was not the same as the one sent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HHR
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, same problem here.  No link to dispute a PayPal decision against a claim although it's well within the time limit.

Login to Me Too

HHR
Contributor
Contributor

To explain :

To appeal the outcome of a claim:
  1. Go to Resolution Centre.
  2. Under 'Resolution Centre', click Closed cases to display the closed case list. ...
  3. Next to the case, under 'Action', click View.
  4. On the 'Case details' page, near the bottom, click appeal the outcome.
  5. Provide information for your appeal.

The option underlined does not show on the Case Details page

Login to Me Too

lordsaber608
Contributor
Contributor

See that doesn't pop up for me. If you can't dispute a claim as a Seller I am officially done with PayPal. This site is so hostile towards Sellers it's ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

slapsazillion
Contributor
Contributor

@lordsaber608 

I know this is an older post, but what ended up happening with your case? I am in a very similar situation. The Buyer opened a claim, which PayPal ruled in my favor...and now the case has been reopened as the Credit Card institution opened a chargeback on the transaction. With the evidence I have it is very obvious to anyone looking at the information what is going on (I'm being scammed), yet I still feel like I am going to lose this case. If I call PayPal, my number is like blacklisted, as it will tell me to use the Message Center and then hang up. No one is contacting me to try to win the case, they just say to wait, and that PayPal will fight on my behalf. At the moment I feel very helpless and it's depressing because it is for $1k, which is a large chunk of change for anyone. Even if I were to lose the case, if I could at least feel like I did everything I could to try to win, it would be easier to accept. But as things are now, I can't do anything to talk to anyone at PayPal, at the bank that is accusing me, or anything at all. I'm totally at PayPal and this CC company's (which just happens to be PayPal Credit) mercy.   😢

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.