Campaign against Chinese vendors who abuse the PayPal system and buyers

FloridaZZZ
New Community Member

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop Chinese based sellers from engaging in shoddy business practices?  I shouldn't care because I will never buy anything outside of long established vendors such as Amazon, Walmart, Wayfair, E-Bay, etc.  I realize that most of what we buy in the U.S. comes from China.  But to purchase items that appear differently in advertising, and then to be told that it's "close enough" is unacceptable.  We have had no fewer than five egregious examples of Chinese vendors 1.) engaging in bait and switch; 2.) refusing or being unable to communicate through email--even though they have multiple email addresses; 3.) dragging out the resolution process for weeks and months, with the help of PayPal due to the policies that have been changed since E-Bay purchased PayPal.  

I am reaching out to the cable networks and network affiliates to see if there is any interest in doing a story about the behavior of Chinese based sellers as well as the behavior of PayPal.  PP no longer puts buyers first.  In the past, they ALWAYS did.  I couldn't believe how great they were to deal with.  No more, and, of course, that is probably one of the reasons E-BAY wanted PP. 

Please write me if anyone has already begun such a "crusade".  I wouldn't have cared but my wife had another bait and switch purchase, and I just had another.  We are committed to doing something about this situation.  No racism or ethnocentrism at play here.  This is simply about the color green.  Thanks for contacting us with any ideas that could prevent us from duplicating other efforts that may be similar to ours.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FloridaZZZ 

if you shop around on the net long enough, you will begin to see characteristics that allude to types of sellers and can avoid them. Pricing, sketchy, ill-designed or generic look of site with bad or grammatical errors, types of goods, unique/clever concept goods to draw you in. Stick to the merchants, chains and brand names you know as their merchandise/rep is vetted. Be careful of marketplaces as well as you'll have random individual sellers who can cloak themselves very well and post-transaction, its some bs. Do research on merchant/store before you buy. if you find no info, keep it movin'.

Yeah we do get most of our goods from China but its been vetted by merchandisers who buy inventory for the US companies or even manufactured under the stewardship and quality checks of non-chinese companies. Its these generic, low/no quality slap on brand labels China based manufacturers making shoddy products or rejected stock being sold to these sketchy sellers who palm it off to the rest of world. Better to not buy and save your money. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FloridaZZZ 

if you shop around on the net long enough, you will begin to see characteristics that allude to types of sellers and can avoid them. Pricing, sketchy, ill-designed or generic look of site with bad or grammatical errors, types of goods, unique/clever concept goods to draw you in. Stick to the merchants, chains and brand names you know as their merchandise/rep is vetted. Be careful of marketplaces as well as you'll have random individual sellers who can cloak themselves very well and post-transaction, its some bs. Do research on merchant/store before you buy. if you find no info, keep it movin'.

Yeah we do get most of our goods from China but its been vetted by merchandisers who buy inventory for the US companies or even manufactured under the stewardship and quality checks of non-chinese companies. Its these generic, low/no quality slap on brand labels China based manufacturers making shoddy products or rejected stock being sold to these sketchy sellers who palm it off to the rest of world. Better to not buy and save your money. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20210924N

As long as Pay Pal is profiting from these scammers, they will always say that the dispute is resolved and closed. They are as guilty as the Chinese scammers.

Login to Me Too

diva1951
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree with you.  I have had nothing but problems getting an order, which I paid for, delivered to me.  I reached out to Paypay and filed a grievance without any resolution except that my credit will be affected if I don't pay this bill.  The vendor "Superlink International" is a Chinese company although I was not aware of this until I started communicating with them about my order.  They are devious and go under different names and I have been getting "pop ups" on my computer with the same types of hip, bohemian clothes but from other vendors as well.  Even the same models are used--all very young, blond and beautiful.  They kept on saying that it would be at least 3 more weeks before the delivery would arrive but I have not received it after more than one month.

This needs to be investigated asap because we are all getting ripped off and I feel there is no protection with PayPal such as with companies like Amazon who take full responsibility for their vendors actions.  I have cancelled my account with PayPal as well.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@diva1951 wrote:

I totally agree with you.  I have had nothing but problems getting an order, which I paid for, delivered to me.  I reached out to Paypay and filed a grievance without any resolution except that my credit will be affected if I don't pay this bill.  The vendor "Superlink International" is a Chinese company although I was not aware of this until I started communicating with them about my order.  They are devious and go under different names and I have been getting "pop ups" on my computer with the same types of hip, bohemian clothes but from other vendors as well.  Even the same models are used--all very young, blond and beautiful.  They kept on saying that it would be at least 3 more weeks before the delivery would arrive but I have not received it after more than one month.

This needs to be investigated asap because we are all getting ripped off and I feel there is no protection with PayPal such as with companies like Amazon who take full responsibility for their vendors actions.  I have cancelled my account with PayPal as well.

Don't get me started on ads. lol 

PayPal is not a retailer like amazon. They do not guarantee merchants and the products sold. They even say so in the user agreement. If one does not receive item, file dispute for Item Not Received. You have 180 days from date of payment to file. Granted, it takes aa long time for delivery from china though.

Login to Me Too

AthenaXYZ
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal needs to take responsibility here and needs to establish a better means of making complaints than the Community. I bought a dress from a firm that uses Chinese characters in its email and bills to credit cards as Dressfashio

Paypal needs to take responsibility here and needs to establish a better means of making complaints than the Community. I bought a dress from a firm that uses Chinese characters in its email and bills to credit cards as Dressfashio. It added the brand Paypal to its billing information on my invoice. The dress it sent was in a different fabric and was more like a top than a dress. They sent polyester. It advertised as a cotton blend. When I complained they said I could return the dress to the United Arab Emirates. Otherwise they would give me a $10 credit. The dress cost less than $50. I knew this was a cheap dress but what they sent was not very close to what they advertised. "Brands" showing this merchandise operate under the names Nora, Fifity and Tucini. They did not post my review of the dress.

Again, Paypal needs to  take responsibility for vendors that bill in its name because it is permitting shoddy vendors to dilute the Paypal brand. The Dressfashio "bank" is Synchony Bank.

I did not know I was getting involved with the Chinese until I emailed them with my complaints about the dress. Yes, the way to avoid all this is not to buy from vendors coming through Facebook. Thank you!

Again, Paypal needs to  take responsibility for vendors that bill in its name because it is permitting shoddy vendors to dilute the Paypal brand. The Dressfashio "bank" is Synchony Bank.

I did not know I was getting involved with the Chinese until I emailed them with my complaints about the dress. Yes, the way to avoid all this is not to buy from vendors coming through Facebook. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

rayrod1031

Paypal should be able to stop scammers and back up its members who are caught in the middle of the scum scammers and paypal. If a case is opened I feel that Paypal just drags their feet

Login to Me Too

randy_s33
New Community Member

I completely, wholeheartedly agree with this. I am currently in a Paypal dispute with a chinese company that goes by the name ALRTMART, selling these: 65% OFF——150 DB Train Horn With Air Compressor, through an ad on Facebook. It has been two months since I made the mistake of going through Paypal to purchase this. After a month, I received a package from that company, not the air horn, but a faucet repair kit, consisting of an assortment of rubber o-rings. I requested an investigation by Paypal, was told the company offered a refund of 3.00 (the original purchase price was 29.95), then when I refused, they wanted the repair kit returned, expecting me to pay 100.00 shipping cost (fed-ex to china) to return it. Since there are only a couple days left on my dispute to return said item, I'm expecting to get shafted, not only by these chinese ripoffs, but by Paypal, as well, since there is no way to e-mail customer service at Paypal. I will NEVER use this service again, and I will do whatever it takes to make sure other people don't, either.

Login to Me Too

Martin164
Contributor
Contributor

I too have made a serious error of judgement foolishly believing PayPal would protect me.

i order an item which after some time has arrived but is not what I ordered and when querying this and requesting a refund I find I am eligible for a refund as long as I spend twice the amount of money returning it.

this is bordering theft! 
I have goods I did not order and no one is listening the seller just” apologises” that I am less than satisfied with the quality of the goods...I can not make anyone grasp the point that this is not what I ordered and therefore not my error but theirs.

It’s also easy to say don’t order from a China but half the time they are not who or what they claim to be or where they claim to be.

i am very angry and dissatisfied with PayPal and will not use them again.

Login to Me Too

csBlack
Contributor
Contributor

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-52101734

Transaction Amount: $29.98 US

Dispute Amount: $29.98 US

Transaction ID: 3D610750J95573222

Transaction Date: December 1, 2019

OK I'll try again.  I think I'm getting booted off.

I will make it short.  I bought 2 dog ramps online from Facebook ad.  It was free shipping  when you buy 2. I got a very small envelope with two tiny dog collars and flimsy frisbees a month and a half later.  I tried working it out with the seller.  They wanted me to send it back, or not and they'll refund 40%.  It was going to be $15.00 to send it back.  I disputed with PayPal and told them it was a scam and they sided with the seller because I didn't send it back.  I asked for full refund or send me the ramps.  This has made me so mad, and no help from anyone at PayPal.  You can't reach them, and dispute closed with me getting zilch.  WHAT A SCAM from all of them. Sellers just want to send you anything for almost nothing and then because it costs so much to send it back , you'll just give up and they win all of your money.  I see this is happening to so many people now.  I think I'll go to the social media and let them in on it.  That's where the ads are and people need to know the scams going on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.