Buyer Claims payment is Unauthorized after receiving the order please help!

dan421
Contributor
Contributor
hello..I'm experiencing some problem with my paypal...I did some work for this student online then we agreed he will pay me via PayPal,which he did after completing his task...but he later on after 3days claimed the payment as unauthorized...what should i do to get my payment back. Now that its on hold
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Youngteezy
New Community Member
There are 3 ways you can go about it. You can either 1. Refund the funds and from your account, send a request for the amount you want to the person or 2. You refund the fund and tell the person to send it as family and friends or 3. Tell the person to check in his or her recent activities click on the activity scroll down, there he will see "confirm payment" he or she should click on it. Hope it was helpful!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Youngteezy 

Your advice is totally wrong, the original poster DOES NOT WANT to refund.

Their buyer of their services has filed a dispute for unauthorised use of the account so paypal have put the funds on hold whilst they investigate.

They can't and do NOT want to issue a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dan421 

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.