Account limitation -- Proof of address

ioantsag85
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings,

I've received an email about a temporary limitation being placed on my account soon as I've reached a certain amount of received money this year. The email is this
"You have received 1,800 EUR or equivalent in total payments to your PayPal account.

To comply with regulations, we are required to collect and verify information about our customers. As you are approaching the level of activity where we may have to limit your account capability, we encourage you to provide this information now. In doing so, you will still be able to use your PayPal account to send or withdraw money as normal.

Here's how to provide the information we need:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Notifications (bell icon) at the top right of the page.
  3. Follow the instructions and complete all the tasks.

Thanks,
PayPal"

To resolve the issue, the notification says that I merely need to update my address and ID document details. However there is a problem with the address part. None of my bills is in my name (I can provide a bill no problem but it will not have my name on it, plus it will not be in English). My bank does not include my address on the bank statement so that cancels out the bank statement option too. What other proof of address can I provide that will be quickly processed? I desperately need my account to be normally available in 4 days from now. I'm not even sure if any limitations are already in place. Help please, this is a little urgent for me. Thanks in advance.

Ioannis

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ioantsag85 

Proof of identity
The following is a list of acceptable documents you may provide:

• Government issued ID, such as a driver's license or passport
  • Employment authorization card
  • Permanent resident card

Proof of address
These documents must be dated within the last 3 months to be considered acceptable:

• Current utility bill dated within the last 3 months
  • Bank, credit card, or financial statement
  • Cell phone bill

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ioantsag85
Contributor
Contributor

Just as I said in my message, I'm aware of the suggested documents as proof of address -- it mentions them in the resolution notification anyway. But the problem is that I have nothing like that available. My bills are not in my name (electricity, water bill etc., it's all on my parents' name as I live in a house owned by them) and my bank does not include home address on the bank statement. I can provide an electricity bill but it will not have my name on it as it's issued to the name of the owner of the house, not me. What am I supposed to do in this situation?

Ioannis

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.