Payment Pending

Benji17
Contributor
Contributor
Hi added my friends credit card to my account so he could purchase something on ebay (he doesn't have ebay) won it through buy it now but the payment is pending. Any advice?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Benji17

You are not supposed to add another persons card to your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Benji17 wrote:
Hi added my friends credit card to my account so he could purchase something on ebay (he doesn't have ebay) won it through buy it now but the payment is pending. Any advice?

Hi @Benji17,

Normally, when a payment is held for review, it is either authorized or reversed within 24 hours. In some cases, this can be extended. The seller would have been informed of the hold via email.

You should not use a credit / debit card of someone else's name on your PayPal account. If the account became limited, PayPal could consider this practice as a security risk and permanently restrict the account upon discovery.

Once the concerned payment has cleared, I would advise removal of their payment card instantly. Please do not repeat this practice in the future, as this could lead to a number of difficulties.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.