personal info required for a business account

ozdefy
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone been in the following situation :

I have a business account with PayPal and a team of Customer Service Reps who have varying levels of access.

In the past I was able to add new staff members easily, without too many hoops to jump through. But these days PayPal require new users on our account to give over personal information. Increasingly, staff are declining to do so.

This has now happened with my team leader, who is the only person I actually need to have access to PayPal. I can't force my staff to provide PayPal with their personal info - it's unlawful.

I've now been warned that my account will be blocked if I don't provide this staff member's info. I double checked this with them: they don't mean the staff member's access will be blocked, they mean that blocks will be placed on my entire business account, and after a period i won't be able to take payments with PayPal on my web site.

I guess my options are

• have a customer service manager who can't handle PayPal transactions or refunds - not ideal for me
  • remove PayPal as a payment option - not ideal for me or PayPal
  • do nothing and hope that no blocking happens - this has happened in the past - risky if we get blocked without notice

Has anyone been through this? Did you have any other solutions?

Thanks

G

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.