BILL ME LATER is a scam, impossibe to cancel

Tin

I am furious about the deceptive sceens which falsely lead the paypal user in to the Bill Me Later business.  Further, it is impossibel to determine how to cancel the connection with Bill Me Later.

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

SG34287
Contributor
Contributor

I made a formal complaint with the FCC or FTC regarding the deceptive practice used to gain cutomers for Bill Me Later. I thought I was paying my bill via Debit card only to find out that even when I didn't want to use BML, it was going through a finance company. When I called about the charges (UNAUTHORIZED), I was treated like a deadbeat, trying to wiggle out of paying anything.I never did find out where the payments I thought I was making on my Debit card went.

I paid BML in full and now am unable to see a statement (I was notified my statement was ready for me to view BUT since I closed the account, I can't).  I haven't seen a statement since the first one. (3 months)

Good luck folks. Opening an account with BML is to enter **bleep**. They just don't care.

Login to Me Too

sempifi99
Contributor
Contributor

I hate this billmelater thing SCAM I encurage everyone to report them here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I am not 100% sure but it sure does seem illegal to open a credit line in someones name without their permission. Either way you can report them and hopefully the FBI will at least check them out and maybe a law can be passed to ban such things. 

Login to Me Too

redwngs

I have been using BML for quite some time now and I absolutely think it's great.  I buy my stuff and get either deferred payments or cash back or both.  I just bought some concert tickets last night with BML through PayPal for the first time and when I checked out on the last page it gave me the option of using BML or my PayPal account.  Since I already have a BML account, all I had to do was fill in the info and done. 

I don't know if people on here just don't understand the concept or they are doing something wrong.  Whatever the case may be, I will continue to use this and my saved stores on my BML page to shop. 

This is truley not a scam as everyone would like to think it is.  Before I even started to use BML I checked them out very carefully through a number of agencys, state and federal.  As with any CC Co. you are going to have the good and the bad. Some people like and some people don't. Every CC Co. gets reported by someone, somewhere about charges for this and that, it's par for the course.  If you are going to blame anyone, blame PayPal for not being more clear about there payment options.

Login to Me Too

sempifi99
Contributor
Contributor

Wow... Sounds like the company has plugs to post on the forum... well I guess it is a paypal forum so makes sense. Case and point. Oh and on a different note a wrote about canceling billmelater and no reply... big surprise there. 

Login to Me Too

soxrulecubsux69
New Community Member

How did you get concert tickets exactly what site did you go to because i've been trying to find some to but with bill me later and i can't find anything thank you

Login to Me Too

Logikal1
New Community Member

Bill Me Later is a HUGE SCAM.  First they say I signed up for Bill Me Later - which I would NEVER use as I live debt free and pay for everything on the spot. I use Paypal only d/t EBay users prefer it, but then I pay off the credit card the same time.  BML sent me an 80 dollar bill - and it was for a item that was returned.  I spoke with their debt collection dept and was assured everything was taken care of, the account was closed and I would not be getting any more bills.

For 5 MONTHS they've been trying to collect on that original amount and refuse to respond to my emails.  The phone number I had is no longer working.

Whatever you do be VERY careful NOT to sign up for Bill Me Later and if you find a bill from them fight it!  This is one of the WORST scams I've ever run into.

Login to Me Too

danoj
New Community Member

Although the concept is fine for Bill Me Later, the IMPLEMENTATION is GARBAGE!

There was no warning that by setting up the account, all of my employees with access to Paypal can now AT WILL go through all my Bill Me Later records in Paypal!

Get it out of my Paypal screens!

Login to Me Too

eeclipse16
New Community Member

So I have a fico score of 814 and a trans union score of 841 and billmelater would not approve me for $546 

Login to Me Too

marconni

Bill Me Later Is Such a scam , They decided to pay 30 million to settle a class action lawsuit so all the crap they pull doesn't get out to the public.  Has any one ever gotten a statement sent to them, they send you 8 spam type emails and one of the says your statement is ready, but no amount no due date nothing ,, I waited a few more days for the statement to arrive then bam  25.00 late fee. EBay is such a scam you gotta have papal which they own now bill me later which they own.... They hold all the cards and like it or not they can jerk your chain and there's nothing you can do about it.     

Login to Me Too

arealgijoe

missionfish is another, probably worse SCAM. do a little web searching and you will find out what I mean.

I thought I would do something nice and did a couple auctions with a portion going to charity.  I was informed that missionfish would bill me seperately and that missionfish was a  "seperte entity".

Never got the "bill" so I could elect to pay it via my choice of method, I had plannd to use paypal. Instead all of a sudden my banking account showed a electronic debit for missionfish, having never given missinfish ANY banking info whatsoever!

I read on another thread some charities that KNEW they had donations due to them from missionfish NEVER GET A DIME of the donations! So who do you think gets BALMED for the missing donations, the crooked SELLERS

MY branch manager called it plain and simple outright FRAUD!  I Had to close the account and order new numbers. (I took with me a printout of the eBay "seperate entity" statement fresh from their webiste and my statment I just printed off at home before heading to my banking insitution)

Between PayPal HOLDING my eBay sales proceeds (for NO reason), a lesser amount due in my BillmeLater account and still taking funds DIERECTLY from my banking account... I am concerned that eBay has basicly become a SCAM Madolf would be pround of.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.