Did you mean: 

gift payment dispute ?

Options
Go to solution
mathif
Contributor
Posted on

Hello

so today I logged in and I found that there's a dispute about money that I received , and the guy said they didn't receive the item but the thing is I never sold him anything he sent money to me as gift there's no tracking number or whatever I have to provide  .

So, when i click on "Resolve a claim now", i got 3 options:

- I have shipped the item and I can provide proof that the item was shipped through an approved shipper to the address on the Transaction Details page.
- I have not shipped the item and I will refund the payment.
- I have refunded the payment for this transaction.

but as I said I didn't sold him anything he didn't buy anything from me ... the money is sent as gift ...

please someone help ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

gift payment dispute ?

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

I would contact customer services and state that as it was a gift payment the buyer should not have been able to open a dispute as their was nothing to send.

Contact us bottom of paypal pages > use the call us option on the left (fees apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

gift payment dispute ?

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

Are you sure that it was sent as a gift??

Normally gift payments are for family / friends to send you money and not if you are selling something so if you don't know the person are you sure it was sent as gift??

Normally a buyer can't file a dispute to a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.

gift payment dispute ?

Options
Go to solution
mathif
Contributor

Yes i'm poretty sure , the fees were 0 + I got them in my avialiable balance , when u send payment its always on hold for 30 days  , but pesonal or gift u get them right away , am I wrong ?

thanks for fast rely , what should I do ?

Solved

gift payment dispute ?

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

I would contact customer services and state that as it was a gift payment the buyer should not have been able to open a dispute as their was nothing to send.

Contact us bottom of paypal pages > use the call us option on the left (fees apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.

gift payment dispute ?

Options
Go to solution
mathif
Contributor

I just tried I don't have enough credit 😞 I'm from Morocco phon tarrif its pretty high 😕

is tehre any other way please ?

gift payment dispute ?

Options
Go to solution
mathif
Contributor

I just called them , she said she'll call me back in about 3 hours from now 

gift payment dispute ?

Options
Go to solution
mathif
Contributor

She called me back and closed the claim 

Thank you for your help 

gift payment dispute ?

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.