gift payment dispute ?

mathif
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

so today I logged in and I found that there's a dispute about money that I received , and the guy said they didn't receive the item but the thing is I never sold him anything he sent money to me as gift there's no tracking number or whatever I have to provide  .

So, when i click on "Resolve a claim now", i got 3 options:

- I have shipped the item and I can provide proof that the item was shipped through an approved shipper to the address on the Transaction Details page.
- I have not shipped the item and I will refund the payment.
- I have refunded the payment for this transaction.

but as I said I didn't sold him anything he didn't buy anything from me ... the money is sent as gift ...

please someone help ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I would contact customer services and state that as it was a gift payment the buyer should not have been able to open a dispute as their was nothing to send.

Contact us bottom of paypal pages > use the call us option on the left (fees apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Are you sure that it was sent as a gift??

Normally gift payments are for family / friends to send you money and not if you are selling something so if you don't know the person are you sure it was sent as gift??

Normally a buyer can't file a dispute to a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mathif
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i'm poretty sure , the fees were 0 + I got them in my avialiable balance , when u send payment its always on hold for 30 days  , but pesonal or gift u get them right away , am I wrong ?

thanks for fast rely , what should I do ?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I would contact customer services and state that as it was a gift payment the buyer should not have been able to open a dispute as their was nothing to send.

Contact us bottom of paypal pages > use the call us option on the left (fees apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mathif
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried I don't have enough credit 😞 I'm from Morocco phon tarrif its pretty high 😕

is tehre any other way please ?

Login to Me Too

mathif
Contributor
Contributor

I just called them , she said she'll call me back in about 3 hours from now 

Login to Me Too

mathif
Contributor
Contributor

She called me back and closed the claim 

Thank you for your help 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.