Worried about verification

photonova
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Have got message from paypal saying to verify my a/c.  The e mail does not ask for bank details but when i log into my account  it tells me to click on verify and enter bank a/c details.  This sounds really dangerous and i am reluctant to do so even though i have done all the checks for phishing etc.  Does paypal gaurantee any unauthorised withdrawals from my bank account and paypal account and if so how long does it take to get my money back.    Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

xpan45
New Community Member

I use a Tesco credit card to fund all my day to day spending and as such do not have a sort code or account number that fits the form, I like to use the credit card as it gives me control over spending and does not expose my bank account to fraud on the Internet etc.  Any words of wisdom would be welcome.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

When a customer opens a PayPal account, there are a few different steps in order to have your PayPal account fully verified. One of the requirements is for you to add and confirm a bank account. This step would lift the annual sending limit on your PayPal account once it has been completed.

When you are being asked to enter your bank account information in order to verify your bank account, you should check the URL of the website that you are on. If it shows 'https://' it is the secure PayPal website. The 's' means that you are on the PayPal website. You may also see a lock symbol on the very right of the web address, this is also another way to ensure that you are on the PayPal website.

As a payments processor, we have a very low percentage of unauthorised account usage of customers accounts. One of the benifits of using PayPal is that you send money to someone without concealing any information. Even when you have information registered on your account, you will only ever see the last four digits of your financial details on your PayPal account.

If there was ever any payments sent from your account without your permission, it would be reviewed by a member from our fraud department. This can take anywhere up to 10 days and once we can prove that the payment was not sent by you, we would then refund the payment back to your PayPal account.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.