What is the difference?

Toearnuk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but i've been through everything I can find on the PayPal site and in the forum and still I am not 100% clear.

I need to set-up a sucscription facility where my customers  pay me a set amount each month. I want this to be an automatic payment so that neither them or I have to action anything each month, the money is just automatically paid from them to me.

Will a subscription button suffice or does it need to be an automatic billing button?

From what I can work out the only difference between them is that subscription is a set amount that they agree to when they first subscribe and an automatic billing facility allows me to collect variable amounts???? They are both automatic though right, or not? This is where I'm confused!

Thanks in advance

Matt

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jtroester
New Community Member

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there

Apologies for the delay in replying but I thought it best to reply so others get to see the answer. Hopefully it may help them as well as yourself.

You are correct in your differences between the two and both are automatic so there is nothing needed from you or the other party every month.

I hope this helps

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.