Subscription Payment Failed - but don't understand why

Andy_T
Contributor
Contributor

Had an email that the subscription payment had failed and that I did not have backup funding source for the instant transfer payment.

Well - I've been happily making payments from my bank account via paypal for years - and recently too.  Also I have the details of a debit card for backup funding as I understand it.  So cant see why it failed.

The instructions in the email from PayPal were to go and choose a credit card for payment....   BUT why can it not use my debit card backup funding..

Really not clear what has gone wrong and PayPal needs to explain it a bit better.  It was only a small sum as well.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

poizun00

I completely agree with jennyf.

I am running into this right now and I've emailed Paypal customer service to see what can be done.  I, too, have a promotional pricing plan which I will lose if I don't continue payments. 

Paypal has rejected my payment (Failed due to Funding Source (CC)), but does not offer ANY means of corrective action.  I can't change the funding source.  There's also no further detail or reasoning behind this error.  My card is not expiring.  My card is up-to-date.  The address is correct.  I use this card every day.

What's the deal???????  Please fix this ASAP!

Login to Me Too

TGO
New Community Member

Hi, I got the very same problem as jennyf, I got subscriptions and all I get is a mail,

Payment failed, go to this blablabla page to Choose A Funding Source, but it is not possible to choose one.

This simply **bleep**, the page implies that you SHOULD be able to but something is wrong.

Either fix it so we can select a funding source

OR

change the page and state from the start that subscriptions are **bleep**ed from the get go and we better

use another funding system, thank you.

Login to Me Too

debholfin

Totally agree with Jennyf as I had exactly this problem and cant afford the new subscription cost!!!!! my next subscription  payment is due in Oct and I know I will have the same problem yet again. Please tell me how I can update new credit card details for my subscription so that payment wont be delayed. There must be a simple solution as every other company I make payments to give you an online option of changing payment card details. its simple so Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

youngyy
New Community Member

exactly same happening to me. email to say subscription payment failed, i had other cards on account and bank account. but 1 card expires end of this month.

Going into the specific subscription and the 'subscription funding source' section doesn't allow me to click a different radio button! Paypal interface is so clunky, Mastercard and Visa both supplied me with new cards with completely new numbers, which I have entered. But Paypal keeps prompting me to enter a new expiry date on my old cards! There is no new expiry! I've linked the cards and yet it still prompts.

Login to Me Too

mark2410
Contributor
Contributor

argh!!!!!! lastpass subscription just failed

cant change the payment option as it inly seems to want to let me pick echeque which they dont accept.

FFS paypal fix this!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Scott_Broderick
Contributor
Contributor

I got off the phone this morning with PayPal and they tell me it is a known issue and they have quite a few tech staff working on it. Well for how long now I am thinking because it's been a known issue in the PayPal community for several months.

They told me that the only work around at this time (Sept 9. 2013) is for the client to empty their funds from their account, then add a new funding source. Sounds weird.

I don't know about others  but I am loosing customers due to PayPal's lack in resolving this issue.

Login to Me Too

BerylMcM
Contributor
Contributor

Well, this thread was started on 18 July 2011, so just this has been going for over two years!

They're obviously not trying terribly hard!!

Login to Me Too

gooby
Contributor
Contributor

I just had a lastpass subscription renewal fail (reason claimed was bank account) even though Paypal is able to continue taking money out of my account for non-subscription payments.  If you're having this problem with your lastpass account, you can pay without a subscription at the lastpass site.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.