Transfer between countries using N26

DavidMayall
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal is set up in the UK. I recently moved to France, I now have a N26 Euro bank account based in Germany.

How do I transfer my Paypal balance to my N26 Euro bank account. I have tried adding it but I can only add a UK bank via Sort Code,

I need to add account by BIC and IBAN

thanks for your help

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

bodyworkzone
Contributor
Contributor

"Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country."

PayPal isn't in any way country specific. You can make payments from one country to any other without any problem. There are no legal reasons why a UK PayPal member shouldn't be able to withdraw euro funds to a euro bank account in France, or for an Italian PayPal member to withdraw sterling funds to a sterling bank account in the UK. Under SEPA there are no issues transferring Euros between countries. A single uniform fee for the transfer is allowed.

The reason PayPal don't allow it is obvious. Their currency conversion charges are very, very high so its both a massive money maker and a massive rip off.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bodyworkzone

PayPal isn't in any way country specific. You can make payments from one country to any other without any problem.

Of course you can but that was not what was being discussed.

What was being discussed is when you MOVE COUNTRIES.

If you move from the UK to France then you have to open a paypal account in France you can't use your UK one in another country. You then have to add a French bank account and address to that account.

The fact is whatever your opinion of WHAT paypal should or should not be able to do, at the moment paypal is country specific.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bodyworkzone
Contributor
Contributor

"If you move from the UK to France then you have to open a paypal account in France you can't use your UK one in another country."

So how come the person who asked the question is still using their UK account? They said the problem they have is withdrawing their money, not that they had a problem using the account.

I called PayPal and asked why you couldn't withdraw money to another account within the EU they said it was because of their banking license. Considering that they are constantly moving money between European countries (not very country specific) that sounded rather suspicious, so I asked them what part of the license prohibited it. They couldn't answer the question. So I called the Financial Conduct Authority and they said that if that is the case then they are obligated to provide an answer. I called PayPal again and they told me to send an email as they hadn't been trained to answer the question. I did and received a response promising an answer within 24 hours. Its over 24 hours and no answer, so I'm getting suspicious that they have something to hide.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bodyworkzone

They are not, they were asking whether to open a French or German one.

As soon as they started to buy items with a UK one and wanted them sent to a French address there would be a problem as they would not be able to add a French address to a UK paypal account.

etc etc etc

I have lost count of the number of posts we have had on here from folks that have moved country and wondered why there paypal account was no longer working and why they could not change address / phone number etc to an international one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bodyworkzone
Contributor
Contributor

Check the title of the thread: TRANSFER BETWEEN COUNTRIES

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bodyworkzone

Yep read it, posted to it , sorted it.

Your the only one ranting rubbish.

Bye

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bodyworkzone
Contributor
Contributor

The question:  My Paypal is set up in the UK. I recently moved to France, I now have a N26 Euro bank account based in Germany.

How do I transfer my Paypal balance to my N26 Euro bank account. I have tried adding it but I can only add a UK bank via Sort Code,

I need to add account by BIC and IBAN

NO MENTION OF OPENING AN ACCOUNT IN FRANCE OR GERMANY. MONEY IS ON PAYPAL UK, WANTS TO TRANSFER TO BANK ACCOUNT IN GERMANY.

SPECSAVERS?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.