This bank account is already registered in your PayPal account

professorrev
New Community Member

Hi guys

I've seen a couple of posts on this, but doesn't seem to answer the problem.

I logged on today for the first time in a couple of months and attempted to withdraw my balance to my bank account.  The same account had been registered since I first used paypal and isn't linked to another paypal account.  

I was taken through to the "add bank account" page, thought not a huge amount of it and re-entered my details.  I was then told that the bank account was already linked.  I know that!!  for some reason though, it isn't showing up on the "My Money" screen and won't let me withdraw my funds.  This is my only bank acount so no option to add another one.

Any ideas what might be going wrong?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

pking1601
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem albeit I am selling items on eBay and anticapte transferring the funds to my current account. When I checked my profile it says add account, which I know I had already done when I first opened a PayPal account, but it came up with this message

This bank account is already registered in your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

diannewhitby13
New Community Member

Glaedr
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem, except with a debit card. I'm trying to pay for an ebay item and it#s telling me I have to link a card, but then when I enter the card details it tells me it's already added. I've already clicked on the commit to buy button. I've sent the seller a message to let them know what's happening but it's very frustrating. My dad tells me he had the same problem a few days ago with his own card and account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.