Appalling customer service - bullying and ignorance

Adrenal1n

I am beyond stressed with PAYPAL and am hoping this might nudge them into replying.

I have had PAYPAL on my account for 2 weeks, my account has been frozen and despite giving all documentation to the company I cannot get any reply from them.

Two years ago, we had to put our company into voluntary liquidation due to suspected fraud.  I informed PAYPAL however they still paid out a refund to a customer who had paid a deposit to stay with us.  This put this companies account into the red by £900.  The company was added to the list of creditors and taken over by our lidquidators.

I have received NO correspondance from PAYPAL whatsoever despite keeping the same address as on my old account.  Please note this was a limited company.

Two weeks ago, we decided to add PAYPAL as a payment method to another entirely different business that has been in existence for many years.  Immediately I uploaded all of the paperwork to comply with their requirements and the account was instantly activie to receive funds.  Approximately 4 days into trading, the account was frozen.  The reason it was stated was that they percieved some link between the accounts.  They are entirely different entities and offer entirely different services.  I was assured by 4 members of staff that once the Winding Up order from the Court was with PAYPAL then I could release funds.  I was given 2 incorrect emails though finally loaded the document.  

Again, no response from PAYPAL and so I called for an update.  I was point blank refused ANY explaination and my husband took over the call and asked to be escalated to the legal department.   The gentleman on the phone was rude, unhelpful and offered little solution apart from an assurance he would write a report and we would hear back in 24-36 hours.  I have called 3 times since and been given assurances that I would get an update - nothing.

I wrote to PAYPAL as an alternative method of communication - they claim to get back to you in 48 hours, again nothing.

Yesterday, I called PAYPAL for the 10th time to get it on record there advice as to whether I should keep PAYPAL as a payment method on my website or remove it given the escalating frozen funds - they told me to keep it there and so the money goes up.

I must point out that the balance in dispute is £900, my balance is now £2600 and they have frozen the lot.  I am honoring all sales to my customers but cannot withdraw the money to pay my staff.  

As PAYPAL have not been in touch with me for 2 years, the situation, I feel could be constituted as financial entrapment - they willing let me open an account, take payments, but are giving NO reason for freezing the funds.  Having taken legal advice from the liquidators, they can see no reason how one company can be held responsible for another companies debt. If they infact suspect any malpractice - should they not have been taking proceedings 2 years ago ?

On top of the above, I have now called 14 times, been put on hold for approximately 3 hours total (one call for 56 minutes) and consistently been let down with false promises.  I obviously understand I can complain to the Financial Ombudsman, PAYPAL complaints and write multiple reviews about the company however I am not sure this will have any affect.  It was insinutated by one of the managers that we are so small, and any legal action is of no consequence to them.

The situation has now escalated to affect me personally, my husband has taken over the calls as I feel they are bullies, consistent liars and condesending to small businesses.  

If anyone has any advice I would much appreciate it.  The frozen funds is deeply affecting the cashflow of our small business and having no guidance, advice or assurance from the company has left me at a loss as to what the next stage of play should be.  I have a feeling that this is exactly what they want to do; make is so hard for me to resolve the problem that I go away.

Thanks for reading !

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.