What do customers see on statement?

PayPal_david

Here is a question that I have received recently:

How do I change what customers see on their statement once they have purchased goods from my site. Can I manage this area?"

James Brown

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_david

Hi James,

If you have a Personal/Premier PayPal account, your buyers will see the name that is registered on your PayPal account when they send a payment for an item purchased through your website. Any customer can only see the name and email address for the payment to be sent to on their transaction details page on their PayPal account.

The only way that you can change the name for the recipient of a payment, for example in your business name, is by upgrading your PayPal account to a Business PayPal account. By doing this, you can then register your business information and your buyers will see the business name instead of a personal name on their transaction details page when they send a payment to you.

I hope this information gives you the answer that you were looking for.

David.

Login to Me Too

joobles
Contributor
Contributor

Help please .... I also want customers to NOT see my personal name when they receive an invoice from me. If I change my paypal account to a business account and put my new 'business' name in will I also have to then change my bank account because that is still in my personal name. The two won't match up if one's a business name and the other is a personal name. The address will still be the same of course. I really don't want to change my bank account to a business because it's only for selling the odd items on ebay and is not an actual business making lots of money so i don't want tax people or whoever it is that deals with business accounts poking around !!  Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi joobles,

If you update your account to a business account and register your business name, it will not affect your bank account that is registered in your full name. As your bank account was registered and confirmed before you upgrade your account, it will simply remain active and confirmed as it was on your PayPal account.

I will advise that there is an on going technical issue that is preventing some customers from updating their PayPal accounts to a business account. I can't guarentee that you will be able to successfully upgrade your account but I would advise that you try. Our technical team are actively working to resolve the issue that is preventing some customers from upgrading their PayPal accounts. I don't have any estimated timeframe for this to be resolved but I can assure you that we are hoping it will be soon.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.