PayPal is requesting documents because they think I'm a non-profit organization?

EvanFrancis93

Hello, 

My name is Evan and I am currently having troubles with my PayPal Premier account (verified). As of yesterday, January 23rd, 2012, PayPal has asked me to provide documents such as bank statements, a voided check, proof of tax exempt, etc. I have 6 days to resolve issue and submit some documents or I face my account being restricted.

I don't own a business, run a charity, or oversee any type of non-profit organization. I don't understand why PayPal thought I did, though I believe it may be a computer error of some kind maybe. I do not have some of the documents requested from me so I'm kind of lost on where to go from here. I use PayPal for personal use, such as buying items such as auto and computer parts online. I enjoy using PayPal to pay for items because I don't have to input my debit card information onto a site, which significantly lowers my risk for being part of a scam or something.

I can provide and submit my bank statements and a voided check, no problem. Even if I need to verify my address again, I would be more than happy too!

I sent an email via what seems to be an automated system, by clicking on the Contact Us link on the bottom of the PayPal home page. I indicted exactly what I have said here, that I am not a non-profit, and use PayPal for personal reasons. Although, I got an immediate response via email from what seemed to be a bot and wasn't helpful in resolving my issue.

I appreciate your time and hope I can resolve this issue as soon as possible. Any response is greatly appreciated as I only have 6 days before I may potentially lose my PayPal account, which I consider a great asset to have.

Thank you,

Evan

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.