Return Shipping Paid by Buyer?

Angry2018
New Community Member

I had a package come from China that did not contain what I ordered.  After several emails to Seller with no resolution I decided to contact PayPal thru the Resolution Center I was told to ship the item back to Seller, however the cost to ship item was $71.15, so I started a dialogue thru the message center about not paying for the return on an item I did not order and was finally told that I would be offered a one time shipping return charge, this was on a Saturday. I packaged up the item and on Tuesday Shipped it at a cost to me of $71.15.  On Wednesday I received an email saying that my claim has been denied because I didn't ship it back and the Problem is gone from the Resolution Center.  I then called (a 3 hour wait) and asked the lady on the phone to review my records and she agreed that the problem should still be in the Resolution Center and she asked for all my shipping information which I gave her.  I then asked her to reopen the case in the Resolution Center so I can go thru the steps to get my shipping costs back, and again my Problem was removed and filed as denied? Once again I will have to make a phone call, wait 3 hours, to talk with someone about getting my costs back.  This was not my Problem the issue was with he Seller, I should never have had to pay to return the Sellers mistake.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angry2018

Your best bet is to read up on paypal buyer protection before you start buying so you know what is and what is not offered.
In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this before the transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and they may help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.