How to 'demand' a refund

Rolyan
Contributor
Contributor

A few weeks ago i made the foolish mistake of trying to purchase a smartphone from quickmobilefix.  When the delivery was constantly delayed, with no information, I cancelled the order on Monday 13th, and I received an email acknowledging this.  It stated that the refund would be process in 3-5 days, but there is still no sign of it.

It's now Tuesday 21st, and I've rung and spoken to them twice this week.  The last time, the excuse was that there was a 'glitch' in the system over the weekend.  They said it would be processed today.  Which is what they said yesterday.  Someone has promised to call me back before 4pm, but based on all their broken promises over the last few weeks, I strongly doubt that this will happen.  Their technique appears to be to fob you off with an excuse, saying that it will happen 'today' and if not, call back tomorrow.

I just wondered what the next stage is, if they continue to delay refunding the money, and wont give dates/reasons etc.  Is my best course of action to complain in writing, giving a cut off date, then seek legal advice.  Or seek a refund via PayPal (if PayPal can/will do anything).  Or via the credit card.  Or the small claims courts.  If anyone has personal experience of the best way to approach this I would be most grateful, as it is so frustrating knowing that I cant do anything, and they can continue to keep my money (almost £400) indefinitely.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

file item not received.

Login to Me Too

Rolyan
Contributor
Contributor
Unbelievably, shortly after posting, I received confirmation that it has been refunded. So panic over and a lesson learned on who NOT to use online!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.