Is it to late to do anything ?

Briannajc15
Contributor
Contributor
I recently post a iPhone for sell on offer up and got a message from a guy saying he will pay $100 extra. it really did sound to good to be true but his name was listed as Pastor Mike made me think that he could be trusted. He wanted to pay $100 extra to have the phone shipped overnight so that it would arrive just in time for his cousins birthday. So I put the phone in the mail and sent the tracking number through usps. I had to put the tracking number through a tracking service that I've never herd of and recieved a email saying it was confirmed and PayPal would process my payment. So I waited a few days and yesterday I got a text message from the same number the scammer used to contact me saying he is a Nigerian undercover fraud agent and the scammer has been arrested and he has been scamming people for months. And the Nigerian guy wants me to send $50 through western union to get the phone back. I am very frustrated and lost cause I don't think there is anything else that I can do to get it back.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You trust an unknown person because the name was Pastor?  Wow!  Then you sent an iPhone without payment!  Wow, again.  Unbelievable!

Now you are considering sending $50 more to the frauster!  Incomprehensible.   And you continue correspondence.

This was a major scam which you invited by posting an iPhone for sale.  Then you sent because of a message from Pastor promising to pay.

It's a loss.  Expensive lesson.  Hopefully, you learned how to prevent accepting a scam in future

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

USPS offers a service which will  intercept the package before it is delivered.

You can now do this online at their website,it will forward your request to the buyer's local post office .

There is a fee involved but it is worth it.

It is only for domestic shipments

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.