How long does buyer have to provide VALID tracking information for return?

MyCheaperStuff
Contributor
Contributor

I have read the few other responses to similar questions on this forum.  The responses are not always factual,or applicable to my situation.  But they are ALL SCARY.  

I am hoping for official PAYPAL factual response, and/or seller who have had success in resolving such situations.

No scary, discouraging stories please. 

My buyer opened a not as described dispute.

I agreed to provide a refund upon return of the item.

The buyer uploaded tracking information for alledged return on 4/22.

USPS indicates no such tracking information.  

The tracking number can be valid but not yet entered into the tracking system only if
the buyer is using an old stick on delivery confirmation label and has not yet shipped the item
--the stick on confirmation labels must be presented to a USPS clerk for acceptance even if paying by stamps.
So How long after providing tracking information does buyer have to return the item?

Technically, valid tracking information is not just a number with the correct number of digits,

but is a number that has been scanned and acknowledged by the carrier (btw, new eBay definition).

So, technically, the buyer has not yet actually  provided VALID tracking information.

How long does the buyer have to provide valid tracking information before PaPal will close dispute in my favor?

Will paypal confirm tracking recorded or delivery confirmation or either before issuing refund?

How long after buyer provides tracking information (valid or invalid) will PayPal refund the payment?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Susie
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi MyCheaperStuff -

If you are still in need of assistance with your dispute, please reach out to one of our customer service channels and we would be happy to assist you.  We cannot take any action on your account from the forums. 

Please click on 'Contact Us' or you may reach us at Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Thank you,

-Susie

Login to Me Too

MyCheaperStuff
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to reply! 

I was able to talk to a PAYPAL service representtive several days after posting my question.  The claim was settled in my favor, although I do not knowing the actual answer to my question to share with others.

The fabulous part of your response is making me aware there IS a means to contact paypal in writing messaging or email.  I have a very difficult time talking on the phone - severe anxiety.  So I will take advantage of the avenues you provided very soon.

THANK YOU

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Susie
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi MyCheaperStuff -

Thank you for the update. I'm happy to hear it's resolved and I was able to provide useful contact options for you Smiley Happy

-Susie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.