Sorry, the recipient does not accept payments using this payment method. Please choose another

RoughRidah
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so a buyer that Im trying to sell stuff to is getting this message when he tries to send me the funds.

What do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It's in your "Payment Receiving Preferences", which is at "Profile" or "Settings" > "Selling tools" > "Getting paid and managing my risk" > "Block payments"... there are several payment methods you can block.

~Sandy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

What payment method is he trying to use?  Could it be an eCheck?  Do you block eChecks?

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

RoughRidah
Contributor
Contributor

Im not sure, I have asked him but he hasn't gotten back yet. I have been looking through the UI and am unable to find any option relating to blocking echecks or anything like that though.

Login to Me Too

RoughRidah
Contributor
Contributor

He just got back to me, Apparently hes using a Visa card.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It's in your "Payment Receiving Preferences", which is at "Profile" or "Settings" > "Selling tools" > "Getting paid and managing my risk" > "Block payments"... there are several payment methods you can block.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

RoughRidah
Contributor
Contributor

Oh poo, hit the wrong button.

But anyway lol

The only options coming up for me are

Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:

Block accidental payments:

Block payments from users who:

and the student and description options below that. 

I simply do not see the options you mention.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Personal PayPal accounts have fewer payment blocks... is your PayPal account a Personal account?

Is it a US PayPal account?

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

RoughRidah
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, USA Personal account. I don't see the reasoning though why I would be unable to sell anything though as a personal citiczen=/= a business.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

You can upgrade to a Premier PayPal account... you don't need to be a business to upgrade to a Premier PayPal account.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

RoughRidah
Contributor
Contributor

Ohhhhh, thats all a very strange way of handling it but I think I have it now.

Thanks for the help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.