Needing help - going round in circles!

gem63
Contributor
Contributor

Been sent more than one email from Paypal saying I've 'set up a Billing Agreement to pay Ebay seller fees..if this was not you, contact us immediately'. (I don't sell on Ebay).  (Also received Ebay emails saying they'd frozen my account 

/suspected fraudulent activity etc). Thought I was being scammed (somehow) - mulled it over - bit the bullet - contacted Ebay (by 'phone) and yes, someone HAD linked themselves to my account and it HAD been frozen. That got sorted but the  Paypal email is still coming through and try as I might, I cannot seem to get anywhere on the Paypal site.  I'm just going round in circles!  Can anyone please advise me what to do? (all the Paypal links take me to the same place and don't give me the opportunity to 'click' where they say to 'click' cos those options aren't even on my screen)!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, gem63. The experience you've described sounds very frustrating, but that's certainly not what PayPal wants for customers! I will do my best to provide guidance to get things sorted out!

What steps are you trying to take through your PayPal account that are causing you to go in circles? In general, reporting unauthorized or suspicious activity can be done through the Resolution Center. You can find more information on how to do that at https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-report-unauthorised-paypal-account-activity-faq1.... If you don't have to report any transactions, just click Continue on that page and you'll be taken to a page where you can report unauthorized or suspicious activity.

If you've been notified that a Billing Agreement was established with eBay, but you didn't do that, you can check on Billing Agreements in your PayPal account and cancel any that you don't want. That information is also included in the link I mentioned above.

I hope this information is helpful. If this doesn't address the situation where you've been sent in circles, please reply with further details. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.