How do I get a refund from a scammer?

MatthewMarine
Contributor
Contributor

So I bought this hoodie off of Grailed. A couple days later I look at his account to try and contact him when the hoodie will arrive and I see that his account got banned. Also I looked at what people said about him and they didn't receive their items. Here's the link to the persons Grailed account reviews:https://www.grailed.com/users/245228/feedback Is there any way I can get a refund from this? I spent $105 on this and it would suck if the person is a scammer and I am almost 100% sure this guy is a scammer.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MatthewMarine

File for item not received via the resolve a problem link lower left of your paypal summary page.

Put in what has happened and when you want to escalate it to a claim for paypal to review.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MatthewMarine
Contributor
Contributor

what do i do after i click the button to go the the resolution center? I clicked the dispute a transaction button and all it does is let me talk to the person who sold me the item and im pretty sure that the scammer isnt going to talk to me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MatthewMarine

How did you pay him?

1. Invoice.

2. Money request

3. Send money > goods.

4. Send money > friends / family.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MatthewMarine
Contributor
Contributor

Im not really sure. On the site, Grailed, it has a button that says pay via Paypal and I clicked that then it took the money out of my account.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do you see the transaction for the purchase in your PayPal account via Summary page?  If so, click on it and click the link to open a dispute on the transaction.

or Read these pages for more info:

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ1344/20

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ2174/4

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MatthewMarine
Contributor
Contributor

I followed the second link and it says to click on more options but it doesnt say more options anywhere on the page

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello MatthewMarine,

I'm very sorry there was a problem with a purchase that's caused you to submit a complaint. Here's some information I hope will be helpful.

When you report a problem with a transaction, you are able to select Item Not Received, Item Not As Described or Unauthorized Transaction. If you pick Item Not Received or Item Not As Described, this starts the dispute process by allowing you to try to communicate with the seller through the Resolution Center. We can't force the seller to respond, but it's possible the seller will respond and offer a refund.

If the seller doesn't respond, you can escalate the Dispute to a Claim and that's when PayPal steps in and makes a decision on how to handle the complaint. Here's a link with more information on the dispute/claim process - https://goo.gl/5Xdjsn.

For a Not Received complaint, PayPal will ask the seller to provide a tracking number to confirm the item was shipped and delivered to your PayPal address. If the seller can't do that, PayPal will make sure you get a refund.

Once you've submitted the dispute and escalated it, you'll want to keep an eye on your email account and on the Resolution Center when you're logged on to your PayPal account. You'll receive updates as the process goes along.

I hope this information is helpful. I also hope the situation with the hoodie has been resolved already. If not, log on to your account and submit the dispute. You have 180 days from the date of the original transaction to submit a complaint, so there should be plenty of time to do that still.

Thanks for taking the time to post your questions here in the Community Forum. Thanks for your patience as well!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.