Got scammed $300!

Sparthia
New Community Member

Hey guys.. so a month ago exactly, I signed up for a website called freelancer.com. Some of you may know who they are, and some may not. Those of you who do probably know they are insanely sneaky in how they handle fees and charges.

I signed up to the website just to check it out and try to do a few jobs for people searching for workers so I could make some extra money; however, what I did not realize is that they apparently had an automatic subscription setup that would automatically make me pay $300 FOR AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION.

I wasn't even EMAILED prior to the charge. I have bills to pay and i have no clue how I will pay them now that I lost that much money. I opened a dispute, and I was told via paypal phone support that if they don't respond within 10 days I'll get a full refund. But in the resolution center it says "it's under review by paypal" and ill have an answer by september..

Is there a way to get a refund faster? This was very unexpected and is affecting me. Any help appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Sparthia
New Community Member

Also I tried contacting them and they have the shittiest customer service I've ever seen. They straight up told me there are no refunds, even though I don't want the service and contacted them LITERALLY within 5 minutes of the charge.

Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

no way to get the funds faster. just wait till freelancer refund you themselves or wait after 10 days (if seller do not respond) for automatic refund from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

how did you pay ?

if with a credit card,you can cancel the Paypal claim and file chargeback with your cc issuer,if you think it could be faster.

Also some credit cards will advance you the money first .then file chargeback,if you lose ,then they will claw back the $300 from you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.