Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

LionelCharguala
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having the same issues... i sufficient amount of money in my accnt. and purchased an item off of ebay with no problems ... however in another attempt to purchase another item off of ebay i was unable too and we greeted with Error Code #10417.. first time i ever encountered this particular issue..

Login to Me Too

ssim
Contributor
Contributor

It turns out that my card was the problem.  you should try calling paypal to see the problem if you have not already.

Login to Me Too

kristin6

I've been trying to purchase items off of ebay but everytime I try to purchase something it says the purchase can't be processed or something along the lines of that. I have tried to do this a couple times with different items and my transaction still won't go through. Help?

I read somewhere that I have to go to My Account, click view limits and then click lift limits but I'm not even near going over my limit. 

I don't know what's wrong and what I need to do. This has been happening since 3 days ago and I've tried everyday. I even tried on another computer.

Login to Me Too

kristin6

Oh and it's Error 10417, If that's important?

Login to Me Too

JoseAlberto
Contributor
Contributor

yeah I been getting the sam emessage all day today its annoying the **bleep** out of me. my item has been sitting there all day. if you find a solution let me know id appreciate it

Login to Me Too

diasmario

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME? I CAN´T PAY MY BUY IN EBAY. I HAVE FOUNDS IN MY CREDIC CARD, BUT I CAN´T PAY MY ITEM, WHY? I NEED THE SOLUTION URGENTLY!!

Login to Me Too

diasmario

SIMPLE, PAY AS NON PAYPAL ACCOUNT!!! WORKS GREAT TO ME!!!! BEST REGARDS!

IS VERY SAD FOR PAYPAL THIS ERROR....

Login to Me Too

Yonti69

doesn't work for everyone, for example the seller im buying from only accepts paypal

Login to Me Too

Yonti69

I've been getting this error for just 1 item i already paid for a bunch today please help this will affect me as a buyer in ebay 😞

Login to Me Too

mrcoelho2
New Community Member

Dears,

My problem was that my bank has blocked any international transaction and this was causing the #10417 error. So, I have asked them to have this option allowed, again, then issue solved.

Hope this helped!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.