Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

doudidouda
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem,while i pay the item i receive this error Error Code #10417.

few day ago i used my paypal account without any problem,

today i receive this error.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hey All,

First, I want to thank you for your patience and diligence in replying to this thread.  I've added everyone's account to the ticket and our engineers are reviewing and trying to determine what exactly is happening.  After looking at everything myself (disclaimer: I AM NOT an engineer, so this is an absolute hypothesis. Once I get an actual answer from them I'll let you know), it appears this may have something to do with our security model and not necessarily an "error" other than the message saying it's an error. 

I would encourage you to continue trying to make your payments and if you want you can contact a PayPal representative to look over your individual account and review with you what may be stopping your transaction.

Andy

Login to Me Too

ninasky111
Contributor
Contributor

However, paypal declined the transaction for the following reason:

10417 : No Valid Funding Source

Is this the error code you are talking about?

Login to Me Too

predator1984
Contributor
Contributor

To andy Pay Pal,it's septemer right,contacted ,answer it's an system whic runs automatic,that's the answer,thank you pay pal..

Login to Me Too

muscarius
New Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem and the seller is waiting for me now.  I usually pay with a prepaid visa card , I know there is money on it and it is activated. Could you help me please ?

Login to Me Too

ferboca
New Community Member
every time I tried to pay for an item I bought yesterday I 
keep getting the same message saying "We were not able to process your 
payment." "error 10417" 

I have tried with 3 differents internet browsers and on my mobile phone 
and I keep getting the same message
Login to Me Too

MrsLadybird
New Community Member

@kto wrote:

I would like to pay for my ebay items from paypal. I have linked my paypal account with my ebay account.

I get an error when clicking on Pay for eBay Items:
"An error occurred while processing your Pay for eBay Items."
and below:
"We did not find any items that require payment at this time."

I know that I can also pay from my ebay, but this is not the point (actually, this does not work either).

I have this exact same problem and to make matters worse, I have had no contact with the seller yet either. Anyone have any ideas?

Login to Me Too

lom
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem too - and to make matters worse, PayPal wont let me tell them how the bank has spelt my name on debit card(s), so banks wont authorize payment for obvious reasons.  Have requested help many times and am sent on a merry ride.  wish i never thought of buying that item from eBay.uk!

Login to Me Too

Sass
Contributor
Contributor

Couldn't agree more.  As soon as this stupid transaction gets resolved (PayPal cannot process your transaction at his time -- for 3 days now), I'm through with PayPal and with Ebay!

Login to Me Too

Sass
Contributor
Contributor

I had this problem last week but it resolved itself in a few hours.  I encountered it again 2 days ago with another transaction.  I called the useless Customer Service people - the problem is still going on.  I have lost the opportunity to get my purchase in time for my daughter's birthday.  PayPal has become unwieldy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.