why can't i see my auctions that I have listed in paypal

palling04
Contributor
Contributor

I clicked on AUCTIONS (in my paypal acct. page) to check which auctions I have registered with paypal.  It shows me nothing, it says Sorry (yada yada yada).  Is this because I am currently not selling anything on ebay? I used to have several ebay accounts that were associated with paypal under AUCTIONS  ,but it has been a long while since I have sold on ebay .   I am getting ready to start to sell again on ebay and am trying to make sure everything is linked together and ready to go.  I would not want to say "use paypal"  and when the person uses it, my account is not linked to auctions to collect on.  You know what I mean?  I would not want bad feedback.  I hope that you can understand what I am trying to say.  I do not always express myself properly.  I am appreciative of any help on this topic that I can get. Thank you kindly.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

palling04,

Welcome back to selling on eBay!

The "Auctions" link inside your PayPal account is used to view a list of eBay IDs associated with your PayPal account.

If you want to see a list of auctions in which you are the seller, are the buyer, or are watching or bidding on, you'll want to go directly to eBay and log into your eBay account.  This information cannot be accessed via PayPal.

When you do go to sell, make sure that your Sell Your Item form has the current PayPal email address listed in it.  This will help prevent any missing payments!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

palling04
Contributor
Contributor

Adrien,  I meant to say Auction ID's.  I used to be able to click on auctions and see the list of ID's from Ebay .   I now can not see ID's when I click Auctions on my paypal link (under my personal information).   Where did my ID's go?  Is it because I have not sold for a long while on Ebay? or what?  I want to start selling on Ebay again, but feel more secure if I can see the Auction ID's on Paypal, so I know for sure that they are linked together so there will be no surprises to me or the customers once I resume selling.  I really appreciate your help.                Brenny

Login to Me Too

palling04
Contributor
Contributor

Adrian,   Sorry that I mispelled your name in the previous post.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey, it's ok!   I don't have the most common name in the world - and honestly, even my own mother mis-spelled it when she registered me for the first year of school!  I think I wandered around the kindergarten classroom for about five minutes wondering where I was supposed to sit because the nametag on my desk read "Adrain."  Smiley Happy

As for why you may not be seeing them under the Auctions link in profile, they may need to be updated.  If you can see an ID there, click on "Edit" for that ID, and then re-enter your eBay password (not  your PayPal password).  This will update the information, as it's probably running on some old passwords. 

If you don't see your eBay ID there at all, just click on "Add." 

However, this won't affect your selling on eBay.  What is important, however, is to make sure that when you list an item, that the correct email address is entered.  Be sure to double check the payments section on the Sell Your Item form to make sure it is the current email address for PayPal.  If it's been awhile, you'll also want to make sure you are using a Premier or Business PayPal account and are Verified - eBay has changed these requirements over the years.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

palling04
Contributor
Contributor

Adrian,  OMGosh on the mispelling of your name tag.   Your uncommon name is really nice, however.  

I do appreciate your help on this topic below I am pasting the message that I get whenever I try to check under Auctions on paypal.  No ID's or ability to make ID's, just this. I tried what it said but every time I just get this same message.  Perhaps because I have no auctions up yet?  I thought I could still see the ID's that used to be listed?

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

Perhaps because I have no auctions up yet?  I thought I could still see the ID's that used to be listed?         Thanks, Brenny

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Well thank you!  And no, my name tag was spelled right - my mother freely admits she spelled it wrong when she gave it to the school.  And yes, I asked her if I could put that on here.  Smiley Happy

As for the error you're getting - it's nothing you're doing wrong at all, and you should be able to view that page.  This is an intermittent issue on that particular page.  I'll be sure to let our technicians know about it.

You can try getting to the same page via a roundabout manner - go to Send Money > Pay for eBay Items > Add another eBay Account.  That goes to the same page, and hopefully should work for you Smiley Happy

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.