Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

drgreenlove,

When the only active financial information on file for your account is a bank account, all payments are sent as eChecks, unless your PayPal balance is enough to cover the payment.  If that is the case, the funds will take three to five business days to arrive at the sellers account.  The seller is notified ahead of time that they have received the eCheck, and they are educated in that email about how long it will take for the funds to arrive. 

If you would like your payments to be faster, in the future, one thing that can be done is to register a credit or debit card to your account.  This will allow you to Instant Transfers from your bank account, where the seller will receive the funds immediately.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

drgreenlove
Contributor
Contributor

this is supposed to feel good, oh well, live and learn i guess

Login to Me Too

moebutterfly
Contributor
Contributor

After many,many phone calls & literally hrs on the phone between e-bay & Pay-pal I was told Pay-pal up-dated & got new software which really messed things up.I made an e-bay payment Wed 10th so I could list the 1000`s of items I am tripping over-all over our home.it went to empty bank account istead * cost us-big time.They are working on fixing it & I sure hope it happens soon as all I see are $$`s going right down the drain & bills un=paid-to say nothing of bad credit on our bank account & having to use grocery money to cover such.Pay pal DID refund the OD fee to pay-pal-Thanks!!Now we need the rest fixed SOON.I havent` listed in nearly a week & that is a HUGE loss & Christmas season!

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

drgreenlove,

When the only active financial information on file for your account is a bank account, all payments are sent as eChecks, unless your PayPal balance is enough to cover the payment.  If that is the case, the funds will take three to five business days to arrive at the sellers account.  The seller is notified ahead of time that they have received the eCheck, and they are educated in that email about how long it will take for the funds to arrive. 

If you would like your payments to be faster, in the future, one thing that can be done is to register a credit or debit card to your account.  This will allow you to Instant Transfers from your bank account, where the seller will receive the funds immediately.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

moebutterfly
Contributor
Contributor

HI & yes,that is known.I have been on e-bay for a total of 8-10 yrs.The problem is pretty widespread about now.My main source of payment to e-bay IS 'pay-pal'-always has been & I have never-ever had a problem whether it be a one-time payment,or monthly fees due.They have never gone to my back-up bank account before,plus which I clicked to pay by pay-pal.Even with help on the phone by both e-bay as well as pay-pal,it is just not working & I cant` list because I am unable to pay as I always have.I am removing pay-pal moneys today to put in bank but that will only work as an e-check,which will,in turn,be a whole other week or so before i can list.That is 2-weeks not listing,much business lost & no pay-checks from e-bay for that amount of time.There is not even so much as an announcement by pay-pal or e-bay stating this problem but pay-pal DID tell me-3 times,that they got new soft ware 7 things went hay-wire.I did see somewhere that this is being worked on & escalated.Plus,pay-pal paid me back the over-draft charge,which they would never do if it wasn`t a problem on their end.Maureen

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

moebutterfly,

Yes, the situation you are describing is a known issue that we have already addressed and corrected for our members who were paying eBay fees.  The information you received from customer service is correct and I'm happy they were able to resolve the matter for you.

However, the issue drgreenlove was expressing was not a payment for eBay fees - it was a payment for an item, which was not affected by the same issue you experienced, and is, indeed, a separate matter.  In the above instance that drgreenlove was describing, if you only have a bank account on file, an eCheck is correct functionality.  I hope this clears up any confusion.

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Mechells
Contributor
Contributor

I also experienced this problem with two items I sold on saturday.  Paypal had my customers cancel their payments and resend the money to me...My one customer did that today and it still does not show in my account...NOW WHAT???  I am new to selling and this item was an engagement ring he wanted for this weekend.. I hate not being able to deliver it to him.. Please help!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Mechells,

Have you recently changed your email address on your PayPal account? In most instances, the root of this issue is that the auction form that was filled out included a misspelled our outdated email address. 

You can check to see what email address was used on the auction by bringing up one of the items and clicking on "Sell Similar." Check the payments section,and note the email address there.

If you still have access to this email address, add and confirm it on your PayPal account to accept the payments. This has to be done within 30 days of the payments being made or they are automatically returned.

If you don't have access to this email address, you'll want to ask your buyers to cancel their payments so that they can manually send it to your new email address via the Send Money tab. Make sure you reach out to them and let them know what to do, and provide them your new email address.

It sounds as if your one buyer may have paid again using the eBay invoice, rather than any money request you may have sent to them, or they just used the checkout process again.  There are other email issues, though, that could be causing the problem, so be sure to check above and reach out to the buyer to see where they sent the payment.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

moebutterfly
Contributor
Contributor

hi & thanks again but this issue that was cleared up with & for me was not the only one I was having & now i have customers unabkle to pay through pay-pal as it is messed up.I could only pay e-bay if i paid the entire payment,as well(which wasnt` even due yet!).

Login to Me Too

drgreenlove
Contributor
Contributor

my apologies for the language that needed edited, i had an earlier post that was ignored and i was just making sure this 1 got seen.  tyvm

ok, i added my debit card, so now payment can be made to sellers instantly (good, glad to hear that).

but why cant i instantly add funds to my own account using the same exact method?

if i can instantly add funds to a gas pump with a debit/credit card at 3am on a cold rainy sunday morning, why cant i instantly add funds to my own paypal account from my own bank/debit account on a sunny tuesday afternoon?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.