usps scan form 5630 if NOT using multi-order printing

topcellusa
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Eariler today the guy at USPS asked us to provide a USPS scan form with our packages. After doing some research, I found out that Paypal only provides this scan form for multi-order shipping (ie. ship many labels at the same time). But due to the nature of our products, we can only print one label at a time, is it possible to get this scan form after we're done shipping our products for the day?

I asked this because the USPS guy said at the bottom of each of my labels there is a "Electronic Rate Approved #5932..." and many of my packages have the same elctronic rate approved number. He said that is the indication of us shipping many labels at the same time but we didn't. We ship each package one by one.

Please help. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

While I can't say for certain, I'm fairly sure the note on the bottom of the labels only indicates that it was created online with the standard online discounted rate.  It's not necessarily an indication of the creation of many labels at once, although I see how you could draw that conclusion - many large shippers use online tools as well!

As for the SCAN form, via PayPal, it is only available through the Multi Order Shipping Tool.  However, SCAN forms aren't required to ship via USPS.  Smiley Happy

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

topcellusa
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response.

Another thing, the USPS guy also said when we print, we got directed to Pitney Powes site. Can we get the Scan Form from them instead?

Yes, it is not required as we never used before in our few years of selling, but we just got a request yesterday so we come here for help. Thanks.

In conclusion, if we print our item one by one then there is no way to get a scan form is that correct?

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Correct, single label printing doesn't offer the ability via PayPal to create a SCAN form.  Your mail carrier is correct in that our labels are based off a program that deals directly with Pitney Bowes, but it isn't exactly the same tool, and as such, doesn't have all the options the regular USPS printing site does. 

If you're serious about getting a SCAN form, you might look into printing directly via USPS.com, but they don't take direct PayPal payments as far as I know.  They do,  however, acceput our PayPal Debit MasterCard - a service for our Business and Premier accounts that comes with no additional charge and debits your PayPal balance directly.  However, you won't have the convenience of our label system at that point, and would have to enter information by hand.  Smiley Sad

To learn more about our debit card, see this page:  www.paypal.com/debitcard

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Overworked
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Welcome to the boards!

While I can't say for certain, I'm fairly sure the note on the bottom of the labels only indicates that it was created online with the standard online discounted rate.  It's not necessarily an indication of the creation of many labels at once, although I see how you could draw that conclusion - many large shippers use online tools as well!

As for the SCAN form, via PayPal, it is only available through the Multi Order Shipping Tool.  However, SCAN forms aren't required to ship via USPS.  Smiley Happy

Hope this helps,

Adrian

As of February 11, 2011 my Post Office said that if I ship more than 1 package at a time I must have form 5630 otherwise they would not accept my prepayed items. It also has to be mailed the same day postage is paid??  If you have only 1 package you do not need form 5630.

Never had to use it before?? Go figure. It is hard enough to mail items without adding addtional rules and regulations.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Overworked,

According to the USPS documentation I have, the SCAN form is not required for shipping multiple items.  You can locate the most up to date documentation and USPS regulations online at www.usps.com

As for the purchase date of the label, when purchasing a label through PayPal, you have the option to select the "shipping date" on the label.  While you might pay today, you can select a shipping date for tomorrow - so it's not necessarily a "pay today, must ship today" situation.

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.