using ebay shipping are you protected through paypal?

suttonjennifer
New Community Member

on paypal it says to eligible for protection you have to ship to the address on the paypal transaction page.  What if you ship to the ebay address.  Are those two addresses always going to be the same.  Can anyone find me a link on this information?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

For eBay claims, the seller is covered when he has proof of delivery to the address listed on either the eBay Order details page or the PayPal Transaction Details page.

For PayPal claims, the seller is covered when he has proof of delivery to the address listed on the PayPal Transaction Details page.

Here's the link to eBay's rules...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html#sellers1

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Things
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted PayPal today (12/23/11) and asked if the buyers shipping address on PayPal is being sent back (synchronized) with the eBay transaction details page on the eBay website. The merchant tech support person confirmed for me that it is; stating that it is necessary to have both websites report the same information in order to eliminate the possibility of the seller shipping to the wrong address.

I contacted PayPal because we noticed several eBay buyers with payments from a different PayPal user account while still having the same shipping address on both websites.

Stil haven't found the link to the information provided by PP tech support...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.