unable to pay for ebay items due to errors - help!

raevynnia
Contributor
Contributor

All day yesterday and now this morning, I've been trying to pay for buy it now items on ebay but I can't. When I go through ebay's check out, right after I sign into paypal, I get an error screen that says:

Page Not Found

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message 3005

When I go directly to the paypal site, through send money, pay for ebay items, I get a message that says, "An error occurred while processing your Pay for eBay Items," and there's nothing to pay for. 

I called paypal yesterday and was told this issue would be fixed in a couple of hours. After half a dozen failed attempts yesterday, I tried again before going to bed and paypal's site was completely unreachable, totally down. This morning, I'm getting the error messages again. It's obviously not fixed. :smileysad:

I'm running into errors all over the place on paypal's site including getting errors from the server saying "Bad Request: Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of request header field exceeds server limit," when trying to access the secure main page, help page, and phone contact page. This is all happening in multiple browsers. So, things aren't working and it's hit or miss trying to access your help pages and contact pages.

I really need to pay for these items. I've sent messages to both the sellers to let them know there's a problem but eventually I'm thinking they're going to want to get paid. 

Help? Please? Pretty please?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Hydro
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem today. I cannot pay for purchased items due to a "Processing Error" with PayPal. RRRRR!!

Login to Me Too

bluejackets
Contributor
Contributor

Me too!  Are you still having the problems?

Login to Me Too

dp2286

unfornately i have smart connect account GE money says theres no holds and once i put my info on any site or web page that takes pay pal they all say that either i canno use my account to pay at the time .and when i go to ebay it says sorry  the page is not available at this time

Login to Me Too

raevynnia
Contributor
Contributor

Still getting the same error. Supposedly, my account was referred to engineers for review on Friday but as of now it's still broken. A week now I've been having this problem. [sigh]

Login to Me Too

chadmandy2009
New Community Member

I haven't been able to pay for my ebay items on ebay for months.  I have been going to the Pay Pal website and paying through there.  Today, it isn't even letting me do that.  It won't let me log in.  GRRRR!  This is a Christmas present and if it causes me to not get it in time I will not be happy to say the least.

Login to Me Too

raevynnia
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't been able to pay through the PayPal site either. It seems like the link between PayPal and ebay is just toast... though, I haven't tried using it elsewhere since the problem started. 

Login to Me Too

bestbrazilusa
New Community Member

@Hydro wrote:

I'm having the same problem today. I cannot pay for purchased items due to a "Processing Error" with PayPal. RRRRR!!

I have same problem 2 days and not pay my sellers, i try a lot and same error, i need a solution , or ebay sellers report and cancel my transactions , OMG.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.