paypal's fee on shipping charges

louissantucci
Contributor
Contributor

ebay owns paypal, ebay forces you to use paypal, ebay limits what you can charge for shipping magazines to $4 even if there are 100 pounds of magazines and limits books to $6 even if there are ten books in there. the post office has sliding charges on media mail  based on weight and it can run pretty high. so ebay should amend there asinine policy limiting the charges you can charge for mailing these items. even if you charge actual cost you end up losing beacuse paypal takes a charge on the cost.

abay is ripping you off via paypal on this situaion. don't give me garbage about processing costs the cost is the same whether or not you sell for $1 or $1000.  so for those of you apologists for paypal you probably have more money than sense.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

ebay forces you to use paypal

Wrong - ebay forces you to use some kind of payment system that can be used by credit cards.  You can use merchant banking, moneybookers or paymate as alternatives - on pickups, you can accept cash.

ebay limits what you can charge for shipping magazines to $4 even if there are 100 pounds of magazines and limits books to $6 even if there are ten books in there.

So don't sell a ton of books in 1 listing - you'll have a better chance selling individual copies, anyway.  And nobody forces you to use ebay.

so for those of you apologists for paypal you probably have more money than sense.

I have adequate amounts of both, thank you - I follow the rules and MAKE money - you should try that instead of whining all the time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.