has anyone else account been hacked and lots of money taking out of their bank

Qdiz
Contributor
Contributor

someone hacked into my paypal account and bought 2 satalite labtops from buy.com for $472.98 and $945. was not in my account and i got burned but paypal did pay back the ammount so i try to remove my account from paypal and it says i cant do that. What!?!?! and BAM!!!!!! the same 2 charges takin out of my account again. So be careful check you bank make sure no one took money from you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You have bigger problems than that - you have a keylogger spyware on your computer.

Do this IMMEDIATELY;

Change your passwords - all of them.

THEN, you need to run several anti-spyware programs in case you got a keylogger downloaded to your computer.  Spybot and Malware anti-malware are good and they're free - Google them for the download sites.

THEN, you need to change all of your passwords AGAIN, in case the keylogger had time to send the password change to another computer.

Login to Me Too

Qdiz
Contributor
Contributor

thanks i alread did all of that i appreciate the knowledge

Login to Me Too

Borf
Contributor
Contributor

I just wanted to make people aware that if they suspect a key logger, go to a DIFFERENT COMPUTER and change the passwords to everything.  Then, run an anti keylogger, anti spyware, ant virus program.  When you think your pc is cleaned then install an anti keylogger program and use a secure browser such as firefox.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.