ebay says payment sent paypal doesn't show $$

tnelson
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold and item on Ebay. This morning it shows buyer paid via paypal, but my paypal account show no money being sent. Ebay says to print out shipping label and send item. Why do that if I have no money to show for it?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

tbell501
New Community Member

I had the same question...Maybe it takes a day or two to show up!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Have you recently changed your email address on your PayPal account? In most instances, the root of this issue is that the auction form that was filled out included a misspelled or outdated email address.

You can check to see what email address was used by bringing up one of the items and clicking on "Sell Similar." Check the payments section and note the email address there.

If you still have access to this email address, add and confirm it on your PayPal account to accept the payments. This has to be done within 30 days of the payments being made or they are automatically returned.

If you don't have access to this email address, you'll want to ask your buyers to cancel their payments so that they can manually send it to your new email address via the Send Money tab. Make sure you reach out to them and let them know what to do, and provide them your new email address. You may want to ask for theirs if you are sending them a money request via PayPal to help facilitate the new payment.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

tnelson
Contributor
Contributor

No that is not the case. I do on a regular basis use my Paypal. I had 15 items end Monday. Most have paid but this particular one on my Ebay shows payment was sent via paypal, however no monies a recieved from that person.

Login to Me Too

tnelson
Contributor
Contributor

Will I just finished waiting 50 minutes from and Ebay person to be available, Emerson Mu. We chatted for 45 minutes and he could verified nothing. He says buyer paid via paypal. Could not verify to who, to what paypal account, or how much. He did add and the end that paypal has a history of holding money up to 21 days even if nothing shows in my pending or if paid via e-check. So I am at square one. I summitted a claim to paypal and have heard nothing. Guess I don't need the $200.00 any way.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

You can check to see what email address was used by bringing up one of the items and clicking on "Sell Similar." Check the payments section and note the email address there.

Using the above process will give you an idea of where the payment was sent so that you can take appropriate action.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

BJSoriano
New Community Member

I think that the textbook answer you are giving Adrian is just that, "text book."  Why don't you come out and say that Paypal holds money for 21 days.  Why should they hold the money if the buyer has received the goods.  They should be checking our e-bay account to see when feedback is left.  I think that you by holding the money for that length of time is ridiculous.  After all, you take it out quickly enough from our bank account?  By reading all the negative to this effect, it's amazing you are still in business.  I think Ebay should look for another source of payment fund transfers.  

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@BJSoriano wrote:

I think that the textbook answer you are giving Adrian is just that, "text book."  Why don't you come out and say that Paypal holds money for 21 days. 

A payment which is subject to the 21-day eBay Item Hold Policy will be shown in the seller's PayPal account activity or account history page and the payment amount will be added to the seller's PayPal pending balance. 

If the payment is not shown, the payment was sent to an email address which is not linked to the seller's PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

alch81
New Community Member

I had the same problem but in a case of a buyer.  I paid for many items on paypal.  Received confirmations but then received messages from sellers saying they did not get my payment.  Ebay showed the items as bought so I could not buy it again.  Ebay could not rectify this issue, cancelled my unpaid item strikes but I was still left without the items I intended to buy!  This happened again 2 weeks later but for about 20 items this time.  I'm busy planning my honeymoon so I missed seeing the warnings for a while and by the time ebay responded to me (3 days later) my account was blocked.  Really annoyed by this.  Ebay sent me contact information of EVERYONE I bought from and wants me to contact them individually to take back the strike.  I'll write to them saying i'm sorry this happened but that's about it.  It wasn't my fault and not once did ebay fix the issue! 

My suggestion is to check your paypal account and to contact ebay immediately.  Also contact the buyer to let them know what's happened.  So they could contact ebay.  I also requested some sellers to send me an invoice directly to paypal.  You could try this too. 

Login to Me Too

sandra_arg
Contributor
Contributor

Well, it seems that something strange is going on here. Ths is my case : I haven't been able to pay eBay items for the last three days because once I check the amounts on eBay site and I press "Continue to Paypal" there's an error message "You've hit a speed bump" error code #703" and there is no way out. I've been chatting with eBay support today and they think that it should be fixed next Friday.

But there's another weird thing on Paypal site : Paypal asked my eBay ID an password to be stored and when I entered mines there was ANOTHER message : "This auction account has already been registered by another PayPal account"  so I cannot pay eBay items from my Paypal account because I need the ID & passw stored  ---- I do not have any other Paypal account ........ so HOW can I know WHO registered my eBay ID in his Paypal Account? Will he also pay my purchases?? That would be VERY GOOD!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.