eBay checkout problem

Steve41373
Contributor
Contributor
I won an auction for an item $720.00... I go to pay via paypal but it states that the seller can't accept paypal at this time... Seller has a (1) feedback rating.... I contact the seller who then sends a request for payment as goods (not eBay auction)... I refused to pay him unless I can use eBay checkout.... Am I wrong ?? Am I doing it correctly ???
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

yaqa
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I guess you are not "wrong", however, I have the same problem, as a seller.

The buyers of the items I sold receive the same error message. Both the buyer and myself called eBay and Paypal and they respectively blame it on the other, without resolving the problem. (Which is rather remarkable, since eBay owns Paypal)

I asked the buyers also to directly transfer to my account through my email. One of the buyers had inquired with the helplines and was informed that he still was protected under the buyer protection. While I have not confirmed this, at least this was the only way to get my money.

But the issue is REALLY frustrating, because as Paypal and eBay bounce it back and forth, I lose time, credibility and eventually money.

Login to Me Too

lucynva
New Community Member

Does anyone know what is going on or how to be able to accept payment? I don't have a business or ebay for income, I simploy sell about 10 items per year on there as an individual. I haven't used Paypal in months and recently listed some items on ebay for sale. One sold last night. This poor person can't send me the payment - she has tried twice and Paypal keeps cancelling her payment. I have had this Paypal account for year and tried to go through verifying this and that last night but I wound up receiving one server error message from Paypal as well as several reroutes to log in to my account.

What is being done?  Is this being fixed? Will I be able to receive this payment?

Login to Me Too

sjc
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  Didn't have this problem with buyers paying until the start of this year.

I have written paypal for an explanation, but have not received a response.

If anyone know what is going on, I would like to know.

Login to Me Too

CodyBadger

I'm having a problem paying one seller for an item too, the seller only has 11 ratings so far and I think that's where the issue is since I've been able to pay for multiple auctions before and since (all on the same day).  It's really quite frustrating and the seller hasn't replied to me regarding the matter.  Paypal seems not to help, ebay seems not to help...  I'm just hoping that the seller doesn't turn around and mark me as not paying before (s)he reads my messages to him (her).

Login to Me Too

yaqa
Contributor
Contributor

I have a user rating above fifty, all positive, my paypal account otherwise works, still the problem persists

Neither ebay nor paypal are responsive.

As quasi monopolists they do not have to bother.

Googling this issue brings up websites full of stories with poor customer service incidents.

It will have to get so bad until either it gets fixed or other players appear on the market and there are alternatives.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.