eBay Payment initiated, in process through PayPal, funds still not recieved...

dedellara
New Community Member

Hi,

I am a seller/buyer on eBay and just sold 3 items this week, ending yesterday. I recieved 3 emails this morning titled 'notification of payment for item ### recieved from buyer###' 1 for each item. I assumed payment was done and that I could send out the items but then I went to my paypal account and found no funds transferred. After which I went to my eBay account and checked the 3 items that have an hourglass symbol on all 3 payment status colums, when I ran my cursor over the hourglass symbols a window comes up with the message "Payment was initiated on Jul-22-11 and is being processed through PayPal'

This has never happened before, Ive always seen payment in paypal account withing minutes of confirmation on eBay, and even now 14 hrs later, there are no funds in my paypal account. What's going on here?!

Thanks.  

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Do you see the payments on your PayPal account history page?

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

inger002
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I have a related question...I "won" an item  on e-bay (new user) and when I try to use paypal I get this message...

PayPal account is currently unable to accept your payment.
  • Contact icecreamy70 to assist you with completing this transaction.
  • If you need additional assistance, please contact eBay Customer Support.
    I've tried both suggestions and have gotten nowhere. All of my other purchases/wins have paid (using a VIsa credit/debit card) using the same account. Any other ideas?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

inger002,

That particular error message means that the seller can't accept PayPal payments at the moment - the reason could be anything from being set up in a country that can't accept payments to having an open issue on their account that they must resolve before being able to accept payments again.  The best route to take would be to ask the seller to resolve any outstanding issues before issuing a payment to them (at any email address).

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

inger002
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Adrian. They did finally write back. I think it's a lost cause but will not send payment unless they resolve the pay pal issue.
Login to Me Too

inger002
Contributor
Contributor

Not in my history.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the buyer has paid using PayPal and the payment doesn't show in your PayPal account history, the payment was sent to an email address which is not linked to your PayPal account.

You may have misspelled your PayPal email address in the payments section of your eBay listing, or... you may have used an old email address, or... you may need to confirm your email address.

To check which PayPal email address was used in the eBay listing, click on the "Sell similar" link for that item and look in the payments section. If you have access to that email address, login to your PayPal account and "Add" the email address to your account. The payment will show up right after you confirm the email address.

If you do not have access to that email address, you will need to ask the buyer to cancel the payment and resend the payment to your correct email address. Send the buyer a PayPal invoice (Request Money) from your PayPal account to make it easier for the buyer to pay.

To check whether the email address needs to be confirmed, login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab and select the "Email" link in the left hand column. If it's not confirmed, click on the "Confirm" button to initiate the confirmation process.

For future eBay listings, make sure you have the correct PayPal email address in the payments section of each listing... here's a screen shot of that section of the eBay "Sell Your Item" form...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/dulcinea02/payment03b.gif

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

johnhorning
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem - used an incorrect paypal address that I no longer have access to.  So I guess I need to send a request via paypal, but I need the buyer's email address in order to do that.  How do I get that?

Login to Me Too

Nebulus
New Community Member

Folx,

I just had the exact same problem, & after 6 (!) days of waiting patiently, with the help of Google I finally found this forum, & was able to figure out why the <expletive deleted by self> I kept not receiving the payment for the item I sold. I'm wondering if anybody at eBay ask themselves 1) how it is possible that an ancient email address is stuck with the PayPal payment option, when the email address in the linked PayPal account has been updated years ago; in fact, eBay & PayPal are the same company now, for crying out loud; 2) why this obsolete email address was never shown to me for verification, when I set up the auction, and 3) why eBay or PayPal couldn't send me a notificationabout the dud email address, or AT LEAST put a big red error icon on the seller summary page, as opposed to the hourglass icon - it just boggles the mind...!!!

However, you guys are great; thanks for helping me resolve this nagging issue!

-Nebulus

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

johnhorning -

To request the buyer's email address, I would recommend just sending them a quick message via eBay.  Ask them to cancel any payment that was sent, as well!

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.