confirm receipt for item purchased...

kawaiikon
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. First off, I've been with PayPal for years, used it with absolutely no issues whatsoever - as a buyer and seller. Now, this strange little button is beside one of my transactions and I've not seen it before...

I won an item on eBay, paid immediately after auction's end and today I have a "confirm receipt" button on the transaction. I'm not sure what to do honestly. Is it due to the fact the eBayer only has 1 feedback? I Googled the issue with no answers as well - no sensible ones at least. 

Should I be worried about this transaction, or just confirm if and/or when I receive the item?

Any help is greatly appreciated 🙂

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@kawaiikon wrote:

Hello. First off, I've been with PayPal for years, used it with absolutely no issues whatsoever - as a buyer and seller. Now, this strange little button is beside one of my transactions and I've not seen it before...

I won an item on eBay, paid immediately after auction's end and today I have a "confirm receipt" button on the transaction. I'm not sure what to do honestly. Is it due to the fact the eBayer only has 1 feedback? I Googled the issue with no answers as well - no sensible ones at least. 

Should I be worried about this transaction, or just confirm if and/or when I receive the item?

Any help is greatly appreciated 🙂

Hi kawaiikon;

I'll take a stab at this; I'm going to say yes, it's because the seller doesn't have that much feedback, and their funds don't get released until you say yes, the item has been received. This, I'm guessing, is part of the Seller Verification program. I wouldn't be worried unless you haven't received your item in a timely manner. Always better to give someone the benefit of the doubt, first, is my motto, and if things don't go well, you can always raise a dispute later on.

If you do need to raise a dispute, log it into the system first. If it is rejected, make sure you CALL customer support, not e-mail them. The best policy is to have it in the system and then speak to a live person.

But I'd guess it'll go smoothly.

Best of luck!

Raven

Login to Me Too

PottsAntiques
New Community Member

I too have been with eBay/PayPal for years with 100% feedback, and on April 12 was told that I needed to confirm receipt of a recent purchase.  The worst part is that because of this, PayPal didn't notify the buyer that my package could be mailed (my payment cleared the same day from my confirmed bank account).  So over 2 wks later, I had to contact the buyer to ask where my purchase was.  This was very inconvenient for me, as I payed extra for speedy shipment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.