Won and paid for an auction yesterday and today the seller is no longer registered!!!

dmmckmah
Contributor
Contributor

OK, what gives???? I won, and paid for an auction yesterday and today they are no longer registered on ebay??!! What gives? I know you are not just one day banned from ebay. It has to be a long time coming and if thats the case then why would ebay let the auction go on if the seller had account issues??? What the heck do I do now??????????????

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

eBay bases it's decision to suspend a member on a number of different factors - some stem from long standing issues, while other might be from something that happened very quickly.  Removal from eBay is not necessarily an indication that the party is engaging in fraudulent activity, and may simply be due to series of minor violations or a temporary suspension. 

In the meantime, if you have made a payment, start by reaching out to the seller.  Some suspensions and bans are due to issues that may not affect the receipt or quality of the item itself.  If issues arise, contact PayPal and file a claim in the Resolution Center.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

dmmckmah
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much Adrian! I went on after posting this and well, now they are reinstated?? Wow, weird! But I feel tons better. They do have 100% feedback so that makes me feel better too. Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Excellent!  I'm glad it's all worked out.  Smiley Happy

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.