Why can't I pay for eBay thru PayPal?

H0W
Contributor
Contributor

This keeps happening and it just gets more and more disgusting every time.

I sign into paypal.com and I am not allowed to make eBay payments!

Why does paypal keep hasseling me this way?

I was told when I signed up that I could pay my ebay auctions thru paypal, and since paypal is the only option for ebay it seem particularily nasty that Paypal would refuse this service.

Is paypal EVER going to get thier act together and alow eBay payments again?Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Login to your "My eBay" account and pay from your "Purchase History" page, or... go to the actual eBay listing and pay from there.  Both methods will allow you to select PayPal as the payment method.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

H0W
Contributor
Contributor

Sandy, thank you for the reply. You either decided to ignore my question or did not understand it.

Paying thru Paypal means just that -signing onto PayPal and clicking the Send money option and then paying at the PayPal site.

When I signed onto PayPal I was told that I could choose to pay at Paypal.com or at eBay.com. There has been a huge change and I deserve to have that question addressed.

It really pezzes me off that you would ignore my question and then so blithely put it off by saying "pay at eBay". I know I can pay at ebay, that's why I am writing at this forum, I was hoping against hope that somebody here not only knew what was goning on with this company but was allowed to discuss the iniquityies the company perpetrates.

I have not receincd a change of policy from PayPal stating that I can no longer pay for my eBay purchases at paypal.com. It is a breach of contract and false advertising. When I signed onto paypal I was told I could pay thru paypal.com.

With out warning the enormous jerks who run this company and decide how they can make things more difficult for the customers have decided that I can no longer make payments thru Paypal.com. The only reason for this has to be unmitigated greed. The fact that you won't even address the issue directly tells me that this new 'policy' isn't an over site but an intended evil.

Any comment on that?

Login to Me Too

AzWayne
New Community Member

Re the inabiity to pay for items won on eBay. It seems there are either incompetants with-in PayPal changing the process I've used for YEARS to make paypents. It is inexcusable to log-in to PayPal, and waste my time [and potentially expose my computer to hackers, by having me revert to eBay, which in-turn, redirects back to PayPal to accomplish the desired end result. Simply make a payment in the most expedious manner. On dial-up the time factor is almost tripled. For example I've been on-line for 31 minutes, so far.  Also, there should be a method of NOT having advertisements appear that are not necessary, nor wanted.  So now I have to log-out of PayPal, connect to eBay, log-in there, just to be re-directed back to PayPal probably having to log-in there AGAIN [duration of eBay activity subjects my computer to trojans, mal-ware, viruses, etc].

Login to Me Too

H0W
Contributor
Contributor

It isn't incompetence it is mean spirited. Changing the process was cold and calculated. The staff are not allowed to even comment on that change, now how evil is that? I have written them three times and not received a single answer. Not even a fluffy one like sandypurins gave us.

Paypal is unconcerned with you or me or our security concerns. We are not their customers. They are unconcerned with making any transaction expeditious for the buyer.

They certainly could have a product that was graceful and useful. But why would they? That is not their concern. Their concern is unmitigated greed. It is a sign of a company run by mentally ill individuals, possibly sociopathic. In the past these types of individuals were isolated from the public so they could do no harm. Today they are given a Lexus as a reward for orchestrating policies like this. No doubt there are some decent individuals who work for this firm. We should pray for them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.