What Now?

emeryl540
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay sent me a 'security notice' that they had removed a listing for P90x that I bought with PayPal.

They instructed me NOT to pay for the item, and that since I DID PAY ALREADY, to file a case through them to get my money back.  I am thrilled with eBays' vigilance and quick action to ensure my safety and security!

I filed the case through their resolution center as prompted.

Do I now have to file a case with PayPal, too?

I just want to cover all of my bases -- so that I don't get **bleep**ed...TWICE.

Please help un**bleep** me!

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Filing with ebay was enough.  In about 7 days, escalate the dispute into a claim and the rest is automatic.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Filing with ebay was enough.  In about 7 days, escalate the dispute into a claim and the rest is automatic.

Login to Me Too

emeryl540
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, thank you SO much!   I appreciate your help!

BTW:  my 'BLEEP' was not so bad -- just a carpentry tool -- made me sound so foul!

😉

Login to Me Too

SprCch

Well, I hope you have better luck getting your money back than I did.  I'm still waiting on $25 from a person EBay shut down 4 years ago, after I paid for my order.  They managed to recoup a whole $4, but I never did get the rest of my money.  If you haven't got your money back, I wouldn't count on getting it any time soon (if at all) as EBay will not pay it and you'll never get it back from the seller, either. (Paypal wouldn't give it back, either.)  Personally, I feel like if EBay or Paypal shut a seller down for violating their policies...they should refund any money due buyers and they should take the loss if they seller won't pay up.

Login to Me Too

emeryl540
Contributor
Contributor

Hmmmm...now why doesn't this come as a real shocker?

Interesting, isn't it?  I completely agree with you that eBay and/or PayPal should pony-up if THEY shut down the fraud.

How is it, then, that they can skip out -- all that legalese smoke and mirrors must protect & exempt them.

Makes me never want to use either again.

THANK YOU for your response -- you just solidified my suspicions!

😉

Login to Me Too

massagePS
Contributor
Contributor

I'm disheartened also.   Am fairly new and have tried to pay 25 people one time, and 41 people today.  Each time, it said that payment went thru, "thank you for your purchase" .  Both times, went back to Ebay and first time, all were STILL unpaid; today, paid 41 people, went back to ebay, 25 people were left to pay.  

If you ran a business in China like this, you'd be shut down.  The management at these place must be might poor, believe me, for something like this to continually happen.  This is my money were talking about, are these bills paid or not PAY PAL??  Give me a break.  

IS THERE ANOTHER SOURCE WE CAN USE >>>BESIDES<<<< Pay Pal???

Please email me to direct me what to do as I am new to all this and am shocked that a billion dollar company is run this way.  Good grief.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.