Want to join class action lawsuit agaisn`t Ebay & Paypal

Buckshot
Contributor
Contributor

Have you ever been wronged by ebay or paypal? If so do something about it. Have a lawfirm that will take on these money mouchers as long as we get at least 200 complaints. Their  policy of holding money from sellers is unlawful and they shouldn`t get away with it. Want to join this action suit ? , leave your email address and I will contact you shortly. Thanks!!!!!

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Sure, waste your money.  Turn a $10 loss into a $10,000 loss when the Judge orders you to pay Paypal's fees.

No lawsuit framed this way has any chance of success.  Period.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

And you will find that the holds ARE completely lawful, because you agreed to them in the USER AGREEMENT, which none of you seems to have read.

Login to Me Too

Adriondacker
Contributor
Contributor

These are probably people who were depnding on the immediate income that Paypal was providing to them through ebay - and now everything's delayed because of this 'pending' stuff. There are people that depend on a certain income at a certain time, and this puts a hurt on them. It is a fact that people don't always read the full agreements - fact - so please do not act like you are better than them.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

These are probably people who were depnding on the immediate income that Paypal was providing to them through ebay - and now everything's delayed because of this 'pending' stuff.

If you use that as an argument, the Judge will EAT YOU ALIVE.  Self-perceived "need" does not justify ignoring terms of an  agreement.

If they needed money right away, they could have specified "local pickup - cash only".  Or they could have used Craigslist.  Or Kijiji.

They CHOSE to use ebay, even though the listing form clearly stated that their payment might be held.

So don't give me the violin nonsense - it won't wash.

It is a fact that people don't always read the full agreements

It is not, however, a legal excuse.  You are bound by an agreement that you sign whether or not you have read it.

please do not act like you are better than them.

But I AM better than them - I take responsibility for my actions, like an adult is supposed to - they don't.

Now run along and stop trying to scam money out of these "poor, defenceless" waifs on the false promise that youi have any chance of success.

Login to Me Too

lion276
Contributor
Contributor

I can't speak for anybody else who has had a temporary hold on funds placed on their account.....but it really angered and upset me when it happened.  It wasn't because I didn't know that it was possible.  I knew that it "could" happen.  What upset me was the fact that there was no LEGITIMATE reason for the hold to be placed on my account.  I would have completely understood if I had done something wrong to warrant the hold....but I haven't.  I have been a seller on Ebay for over six years.  I have one hundred percent positive feedback.  My feedback number is near one thousand.  My DSR ratings are all four point nines and five point zeros.    I have not had any disputes opened against me...ever.  I have been selling vintage costume jewelry and small collectibles during the entire 6 years and haven't swayed from those categories.  I have spent six years building my reputation as a legitimate, honest, and reliable seller.  Why was I targeted?  The hold has been applied to ALL incoming funds.  What does a seller have to do to prove they are not ripping people off or trying to do something shady when all along for YEARS they have ALREADY proved that????  It just doesn't make sense.    You know, there ARE situations where paypal makes some really bonehead decisions.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

lion,

This isn't a personal attack on your credibility.

Paypal is doing this across the board in areas where they have had problems.  You're getting blamed for the scammers that operate within your field, much the same as lawmakers pass a law that restricts all of our rights to prevent a small number from doing something wrong.

With 150 million users, Paypal cannot be picking and choosing who to trust and who not to trust - the numbers just defeat them.  So they make broad policy and apply it to certain sections.

It's not personal.

Login to Me Too

lion276
Contributor
Contributor

Well, no....I know it wasn't personal as they don't know me from Adam.  What I don't understand is HOW do I prove I am not a scammer?  Let me rephrase that....How LONG do I have prove I am not a scammer for this unwarranted hold to be removed?  I was on the phone with paypal customer service for nearly 2 hours and could not get a real answer from them.  All they could do was monotonously repeat the policy over and over and over.  All I wanted to know was WHEN will the hold be removed.  I just found it very sad that not only could they not figure out or pinpoint a reason why the hold was there....but they seemed to be completely baffled at their own system and had no idea how long the hold would remain.  I even spoke to the customer service supervisor and it like speaking to a clone of the original person I talked to.  I WANT to have faith in paypal and I would like to continue with Ebay/Paypal, but it's been an extremely frustrating and disheartening couple of weeks. 

Login to Me Too

luvstampin
Contributor
Contributor

Heres an idea to everyone that wants to sue ebay/paypal -

Instead of blaming ebay/paypal - go thank all the scam sellers that put this policy into motion in the first place.

If you were on the other side once you would get it and see why this has to be there. Instead of suing and threatening and whining about it - get you seller accounts to where they do NOT get the holds.

This policy was announced in advance. Every new seller should know about this policy as its right there on ebay and in the AGREEMENT everyone has to agree to.

I do not have any problems with the hold. I make sure I have shipping funds available when I list an item on ebay.

ANd as stated above - if ya don't like it - go sell somewhere else.

Login to Me Too

lion276
Contributor
Contributor

How wonderful for you, luvstampin, that you enjoy this policy and like having your money held up.    Whether or not any of us stay or go elsewhere doesn't matter.  Your attitude is one of the things that is wrong with paypal.  Basically it's:  This is the way it it is so if you don't like it then FU.  Never mind attempting to work things out with people individually because we just don't give a ####.    THAT is what I am seeing from paypal and all those who seem to be in love with them.  Even with all that said, I'm still going to stay with ebay/paypal.  I know that this hold will pass and things will get back to normal.   It's just ridiculous that paypal isn't a better help when you ask for it.  Customer service needs a serious makeover. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.