WHY DO I NEED TO PUT IN A DEBIT/CREDIT CARD WHEN PURCHASING ITEMS WITH PAYPAL

JOHNSLEE1
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS AND I CAN'T EVEN BUY SOMETHING THAT COSTS A DOLLAR WITHOUT PAYPAL ASKING ME TO PUT IN A CREDIT CARD/ DEBIT CARD NUMBER IN CASE OF LACK OF FUNDS.

I JUST WANNA PURCHASE THINGS WITH PAYPAL WITH THE MONEY THATS IN THERE. I DO NOT WANT MY CARDS AND PAYPAL TO BE LINKED.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

Tattersall2002
Contributor
Contributor

Hey the only way to get PayPal's attention is to never use them anymore and convince your friends and family to do the same. I am posting on Facebook later.

I don't even think they read this and if they do they clearly do not care what anyone here thinks. The only thing that impacts them is the bottom line. Period. Want attention cost them money.

Right now they do not think any of us matter. 

Login to Me Too

cooperdock
Contributor
Contributor

please tell me

Login to Me Too

ilemauzer
Contributor
Contributor

cooperdock,  There doesn't seem to be one answer, some people have to put in a credit card number and some people don't.  There doesn't seem to be any particular reason for either one.  If you can't get the info you need from this thread then  click on Paypal Help and do a search.  Maybe on another thread you might find the answer or call Paypal, you can find the contact info at the bottom of the help page.  If you can't find it on the Paypal site then google it.

Login to Me Too

reallymad
Contributor
Contributor

I don't advise calling paypal phone support.  The people who answer the phone don't know anything and have no authority.  Not to mention the last time I called I got some sick puppy who sexually harrassed me.  (To date, Paypal has done NOTHING about him)

Login to Me Too

cooperdock
Contributor
Contributor

do i need a credit card

Login to Me Too

cueking128

KarenBrinkman

I do NOT understand this!!  I had a PayPal account at a previous address/email that BILLED me for ALL of my Purchases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHY can't I do that NOW???????????????????

Login to Me Too

pet-rescuer
Contributor
Contributor

I have purchased 3 vehicles using PayPal and each time I had to dredge up a credit card when the funds were in my bank account.  I also do not like having to submit a credit card in order to pay for something when I have cash in the bank.  My husband and I decided to get a very small limit credit card to use for PayPal just to stop the hassle.

Best Regards and Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

kcade89

I agree it makes me so mad and then i tried to close my account and request a check and i couldnt even do that without a credit or debit card. 

Login to Me Too

hot_roses3
New Community Member

Just buy a preloaded gift debit card. I did, I have a walmart Gift Visa debit card in the credit card spot. So, no problems so far. The girt card also has no money on it, so no problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.