WHY DO I NEED TO PUT IN A DEBIT/CREDIT CARD WHEN PURCHASING ITEMS WITH PAYPAL

JOHNSLEE1
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS AND I CAN'T EVEN BUY SOMETHING THAT COSTS A DOLLAR WITHOUT PAYPAL ASKING ME TO PUT IN A CREDIT CARD/ DEBIT CARD NUMBER IN CASE OF LACK OF FUNDS.

I JUST WANNA PURCHASE THINGS WITH PAYPAL WITH THE MONEY THATS IN THERE. I DO NOT WANT MY CARDS AND PAYPAL TO BE LINKED.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

Kaltunes
New Community Member

I need real help on this now. I DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD OR BANK ACCOUNT. I added money with GreenDot money pack into a new account. Right when I added it it told me I hit my spending limit and neded to veryify using one of the two. I NEED THIS FIXED NOW. 

Login to Me Too

enuff
New Community Member

I didn't want to waste my time...but I signed up just to post for other PayPal customers who had to run around to find information on what is happening.  I don't NEED PayPal.  I used it because it was convenient.  I'm not going to be bullied into doing something I don't want to do and I would have never done-- which is give bank account information.   I will be less likely to buy on eBay now that I won't use PayPal anymore...so I feel bad for the sellers and what a smart move on Ebays part.

Oh and, not allowing me to close my account with some bogus message that I have some pending transaction... I don't think so.  I'm ticked that I had to find this out when I was making a purchase.  My merchant is just as happy for me to pay them directly.

Guess I'll have to have my credit card company issue me a new card number since PayPal wont' let me close this account.  Great!  I don't have enough on my to do list already!

Bye bye PayPal!

Login to Me Too

todd1304
New Community Member

I agree that process of linking cards costs me to have NSF in my account I will try everything to get paypal to refund me $66.50 in my account to pay for their **bleep** up.

Login to Me Too

Shane45
Contributor
Contributor

I Have had a Paypal account for many, many years with a verified status.  So I go to buy something for like 12 lousy dollars and now paypal is saying " Add New Credit Card or Debit Card "??!! Just a note I have well over that amount on my account!!   Now all of a sudden out of the blue Paypal wants my credit Credit??!!  I think Not!!  Paypal is more and more becoming a bunch of money swindlers.  So of course I had to look for viable alternatives to Paypal.  One of the options I came up with was AlertPay Thank God!!  For Me AlertPay kicks Paypal butt!!  Why??  Because I can Withdraw money to my credit card from AlertPay and needless to say that is sooooooo Nice!!

Login to Me Too

bingo80music
New Community Member

ilovewitches
New Community Member

I  DON'T  HAVE  A CREDIT CARD, THEY HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM IN THE PAST WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT.  MAYBE I NEED TO CLOSE IT ALL AND GO TO AMAZON!!

Login to Me Too

gonzo7

i am new to paypal and i need some help. If i purchase something on ebay does my paypal account have to have money or can i pay with me card that is linked on the account? i would really appreaciate if someone can answer my question.

thanks

Login to Me Too

icejavacold

This is so PayPal can charge all these fees. The company which are one Ebay and Paypal fee you to death and profit or that great sale gone. THERE IS A WAY, ON TOP OF YOUR SCREEN (IN PAYPAL) IS SEND MONEY CLICK THIS BUTTON, NOW VERY IMPORTANT THERE ARE SEVERAL SUB SCREENS YOU HAVE TO PRESS PERSONAL**** THIS WILL BRING YOU TO A SCREEN THAT YOU HAVE TO TYPE THE AMOUNT THE PRODUCT AND THE PERSON WHO YOU ARE SENDING THE FUNDS TO. it WORKS YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE DEBIT OR CREDIT FOR I HAVE DONE IT FOR ALL MY PURCHASES. GOOD LUCK.

Login to Me Too

icejavacold

This is so PayPal can charge all these fees.  The company which are one Ebay and Paypal fee you to death and profit or that great sale gone.  THERE IS A WAY, ON TOP OF YOUR SCREEN (IN PAYPAL) IS SEND MONEY CLICK THIS BUTTON,  NOW VERY IMPORTANT THERE ARE SEVERAL SUB SCREENS YOU HAVE TO PRESS PERSONAL****  THIS WILL BRING YOU TO A SCREEN THAT YOU HAVE TO TYPE THE AMOUNT THE PRODUCT AND THE PERSON WHO YOU ARE SENDING THE FUNDS TO.  it WORKS YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE DEBIT OR CREDIT FOR I HAVE DONE IT FOR ALL MY PURCHASES.  GOOD LUCK.

Login to Me Too

Thessy
Contributor
Contributor

@JOHNSLEE1 wrote:

I HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS AND I CAN'T EVEN BUY SOMETHING THAT COSTS A DOLLAR WITHOUT PAYPAL ASKING ME TO PUT IN A CREDIT CARD/ DEBIT CARD NUMBER IN CASE OF LACK OF FUNDS.

I JUST WANNA PURCHASE THINGS WITH PAYPAL WITH THE MONEY THATS IN THERE. I DO NOT WANT MY CARDS AND PAYPAL TO BE LINKED.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.